Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Spring training schedule for anyone who can't wait for the real stuff to start

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/broadcasts/spring_mlbtv.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Well, they took my money and my login works again!
    Here we go...

MLB.TV not working on the new Apple TV at the moment. Not a big deal on the first day of spring training but it's something they really should have had sorted out.

A good few unhappy posts on the MLB.TV forum.

EDIT - Fixed now

Only about a week into Spring Training and I've already had enough of those "Express Written Consent" ads/skits (or whatever they're supposed to be). What's their point?

The updated app for the new Apple TV is there now. Seems like a nice update. You can now watch 2 games at once like you can do on a computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The updated app for the new Apple TV is there now. Seems like a nice update. You can now watch 2 games at once like you can do on a computer.

Awesome. I wish the season would start already

Clocks changed in the States last night so day games start at 5pm this week for anyone wanting some ST action.

The quality of the picture on the new Apple TV now that they've turned on the HD for the regular season is amazing.

Lads, do any of you have Sky broadband for MLB.tv? Just wondering what the quality is like. I'm with Virgin at the moment and it's perfect quality but I'm moving from them and don't want to sign up to Sky or Eir and find the quality's rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lads, do any of you have Sky broadband for MLB.tv? Just wondering what the quality is like. I'm with Virgin at the moment and it's perfect quality but I'm moving from them and don't want to sign up to Sky or Eir and find the quality's rubbish.

I have Eir and it's just as good as when I had UPC

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    I have Eir and it's just as good as when I had UPC

What part of the world are you in by the way?

Sorry for all the questions but have you ever had MLB.Tv on, someone else streaming from netflix and someone surfing the net on the phone etc? In other words can it handle multiple devices doing all sorts of stuff? What speeds are you getting by the way?

Thanks.

Anyone use the At-Bat app on the iPhone? If so, have you had any issues if you updated to iOS 10? After a period of inactivity on the app, I have to re login and then select my favourite team and notification preferences. This never happened before and is a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Anyone use the At-Bat app on the iPhone? If so, have you had any issues if you updated to iOS 10? After a period of inactivity on the app, I have to re login and then select my favourite team and notification preferences. This never happened before and is a bit of a pain.

Had to do the same except that I use the At-Bat app on a daily basis to check scores, news etc. It asked me last week to relogin etc. No issue with the iPad version strangely.

tallpaul wrote: »
    Had to do the same except that I use the At-Bat app on a daily basis to check scores, news etc. It asked me last week to relogin etc. No issue with the iPad version strangely.

I got onto their Support and they advised to uninstall/reinstall the app and that seems to have worked so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Anyone know if there is a way to watch on-demand games with the ad pauses removed? Is there a setting or something or does one have to forward through them. Would be nice to watch without waiting 2/3 minutes between each half inning.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Thinking of shelling out for MLB TV. I'm assuming that it'll work no problem with my laptop but apps on Xbox One/PS4 are region locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

That_Guy wrote: »
    Thinking of shelling out for MLB TV. I'm assuming that it'll work no problem with my laptop but apps on Xbox One/PS4 are region locked?
    No, the app on Xbox One works fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Got tickets for 4th home opener in a row (Mariners on April 10th). Should hopefully be able to add to this collection

AOX31

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Little bit off topic but is there any baseball version of what 'americas game' is for football??

Doogs27 wrote: »
    Little bit off topic but is there any baseball version of what 'americas game' is for football??

Probaby is on MLB Network. I don't know though to be honest as I've never been able to watch the channel.

• Advertisement

Anyone else sick to death of the “During this break in the action......” clips they show in between innings? They just keep repeating the same ones over and over again. Give me silence and the blue screen/MLB logo anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Anyone else sick to death of the “During this break in the action......” clips they show in between innings? They just keep repeating the same ones over and over again. Give me silence and the blue screen/MLB logo anytime.

I dont pay for MLB Tv, is it worth it? I find the coverage on BT/ESPN alright in general and I get to see a large proportion of the decent games that way.

I dont pay for MLB Tv, is it worth it? I find the coverage on BT/ESPN alright in general and I get to see a large proportion of the decent games that way.

I think it is and I wouldn’t be one who stays up for the midnight games too often.

The main advantage is that you can see your team as opposed to whatever BT have on. As an added bonus you can pick the feed too and as I quite like the Mets crew, it’s nice to be able to do that. I don’t know if I could listen to FP Santangilo on the Nats broadcast every night though...!!!

Having access to games on your mobile is great too, especially when I wake up at 2:30 in the morning and try and sneak in the last inning or two without waking up my wife.

The biggest downfall is the slight delay so you have to turn off Twitter if you don’t want the outcome ruined. There’s no MLB Network either which is a pity.

But $142 for 2430 regular season games and all of the playoffs is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I think it is and I wouldn’t be one who stays up for the midnight games too often.

The main advantage is that you can see your team as opposed to whatever BT have on. As an added bonus you can pick the feed too and as I quite like the Mets crew, it’s nice to be able to do that. I don’t know if I could listen to FP Santangilo on the Nats broadcast every night though...!!!

Having access to games on your mobile is great too, especially when I wake up at 2:30 in the morning and try and sneak in the last inning or two without waking up my wife.

The biggest downfall is the slight delay so you have to turn off Twitter if you don’t want the outcome ruined. There’s no MLB Network either which is a pity.

But $142 for 2430 regular season games and all of the playoffs is great value.

it represents value for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Up until last season I had ESPN/BT Sports for years and there was always enough games on especially over the weekend. But when Virgin Media pulled the plug on BT Sports I had to look for other options. The free game of the day is not always ideal but because I was a viewer of said games MLB sent me a 50% discount link towards the end of April. I didn't renew this season but intended to once MLB sent me out another discount which I got about a week ago. This was discount was for 35% so I went ahead renewed.

As Jack mentions it's great value for what you get. Even better if you can get the subscription for a discount :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I find MLB TV superb and great value for money with some pretty nifty features

Living in Ireland means You're always out of Market and can watch any game. My daughter was a dreadful sleeper. I'd often find myself wide awake at 3/4 in the morning so it was great to be able to take in a West coast game

• Registered Users Posts: 15,008 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Quick question, probably answered already

Is MLB TV available for the PS4 here in Ireland ?

I have used the url https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0181-CUSA01974_00-MLBTVPS4US000001 from a regular web browser to try to and get it but it redirects to the Irish url "en-ie" and say it cannot be found

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

No offers received yet this year, anyone else get the 50% off deal?
    I'm tempted to just go ahead and purchase now even though it looks like being a horrible year for the dodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,008 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    No offers received yet this year, anyone else get the 50% off deal?
    I'm tempted to just go ahead and purchase now even though it looks like being a horrible year for the dodgers.

Got an offer of a 7 day free trial a few days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Quick question, probably answered already

Is MLB TV available for the PS4 here in Ireland ?

I have used the url https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0181-CUSA01974_00-MLBTVPS4US000001 from a regular web browser to try to and get it but it redirects to the Irish url "en-ie" and say it cannot be found

If you setup a US profile on the PS4 you can download the MLB app, just use a zip code like NY 100001, once downloaded under that profile you can make the app available to all profiles on the PS4. This is what I did a few years back and have had no issues since, well I didn't renew this year so can't talk about this season :P

Advertisement