Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

avengers-infinity-war-179805.jpg

The culmination of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to date, principal photography starts November of this year, and both movies will be filmed back to back..
    We were being figurative when we said 67 characters and people took it as literal but there’s a lot of characters. Infinity War is meant to be the culmination of the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe up to that point. It’s very ambitious in its scope, it wants to take everything that you’ve seen before and coalesce into some kinda of climactic ending. It’s complicated , ambitious storytelling…We’re not talking about lead characters, just people that make an appearance.”

We start shooting both of them later this year in November and we’re primarily going to be based in Atlanta again. That’s where we’ll do out stage work and some exteriors. There will be locations from around the world involved as well. We actually relocate to Atlanta in late July to finish up pre-production there. We don’t come back to L.A. until the following June.

We’re shooting them concurrently, meaning that some days we’ll be shooting the first movie and some days we’ll be shooting the second movie. Just jumping back and forth. We won’t look like this next year.

According to Variety, Michael Keaton is back in talks for the film.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/spider-man-michael-keaton-villain-1201770783/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Forgive me here but didn't we see Spiderman have a fight like this already in Civil War with Falcon , I presume Vulture would be employing similar tech although from what I read he's going to be using chitauri gear (they should really destroy all that stuff lol)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Forgive me here but didn't we see Spiderman have a fight like this already in Civil War with Falcon , I presume Vulture would be employing similar tech although from what I read he's going to be using chitauri gear (they should really destroy all that stuff lol)

The Vulture's big power is stealing other people's youth for himself. I'd say that'll be the big threat with him, though I'm sure his wings etc will be quite reminiscent of the fight with Falcon, yeah. I'd really like to see someone like Mysterio or Morlun for this movie. Someone off the beaten track...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Thibus

Mysterio would be great imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The Vulture's big power is stealing other people's youth for himself. I'd say that'll be the big threat with him, though I'm sure his wings etc will be quite reminiscent of the fight with Falcon, yeah. I'd really like to see someone like Mysterio or Morlun for this movie. Someone off the beaten track...

Correct me if I'm wrong but Vulture himself has no powers the youth stealing thing you're talking about he gets from an artifact called the tablet of time ? He's basically an old rich dude ala like an Old Justin Hammer
    (who'd be the closest thing this universe already has)

By the way has anyone seen rumours floating about of a Wilson Fisk cameo in this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 i_imperator

Correct me if I'm wrong but Vulture himself has no powers the youth stealing thing you're talking about he gets from an artifact called the tablet of time ? He's basically an old rich dude ala like an Old Justin Hammer

By the way has anyone seen rumours floating about of a Wilson Fisk cameo in this ?

Vincent D'Onofrio has said on twitter that "It would be great but I don't think it will happen" Its an interesting concept though, but I think Kingpin is better as a Daredevil villain anyway.

I could be wrong but I thiiiink the Tablet of Time was where he got that power in the cartoon while, in the comics, it was his flight suit. I'd say they'll go with the comics version but this movie will come after Dr Strange so that would open the door for the ToT... But yeah, as you said, it's not a natural ability of his.

I'd love to see a Kingpin cameo in this but given the recent-ish divide between the film & TV departments at Marvel, I think that's less likely now than it has been since the deal with Sony was struck. Unfortunate; it'd be so great to see.

• Advertisement

Thread Merge. This thread will now serve as the go to for talk of all upcoming MCU movies. Please use spoiler tags.

And 3 other films for Marvel in 2020, and the will it, or won't it happen status of the Inhumans movie.
    May 1, 2020 Untitled Film
    Jul 10, 2020 Untitled Film
    Nov 6, 2020 Untitled Film
    TBD Inhumans

At this stage, I legit wouldn't rule out the possibility of seeing Iron Man 4 in there.

I'm more curious to see if the Inhumans movie will go ahead, or will it remain in limbo.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm more curious to see if the Inhumans movie will go ahead, or will it remain in limbo.

Id say it'll be in limbo for a long time anyway, given the great divide between Feige and Perlmutter's interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Is there still Inhumans stuff going on agents of shield?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Is there still Inhumans stuff going on agents of shield?

Yep. It's like the main thing at the moment.

Thor: Ragnarok begins filming next month.

Kenneth Choi will play Peter Parker’s
    principal
    in next summer’s Spider-Man: Homecoming

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/693995-kenneth-choi-boards-spider-man-homecoming#/slide/1

Tom Holland & Zendaya have also been spotted in Atlanta, filming begins later this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sharon Stone joins the MCU no details on who she will play but it will be hero she said herself.

Speculation has her in Ant-Man 2 reunited with her Basic Instinct co-star so that would leave her playing only one person for me.

Miles Morales I wonder he campaigned a few years ago for it if I remember right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Miles Morales I wonder he campaigned a few years ago for it if I remember right.

I read the above post as Danny Glover and was like 'yipee', then I read your post and thought isn't he too old for that ****?

Then I realised it was Troy.

tumblr_m5mpayY05k1r3ar5i.gif

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I read the above post as Danny Glover and was like 'yipee', then I read your post and thought isn't he too old for that ****?

I could see Spidey at the end of a long day whipping the mask of and saying "I'm getting too old for this sh1t"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I could see Spidey at the end of a long day whipping the mask of and saying "I'm getting too old for this sh1t"

So would Mel Gibson be Harry Osborn?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    So would Mel Gibson be Harry Osborn?

I could see him as Uncle Ben saying "With great power comes great responsibility" and then as himself say I fcuking should know I blew it big time.

Synopsis for both Doctor Strange & Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2

Doctor Strange
    Marvel’s Doctor Strange follows the story of the talented neurosurgeon Doctor Stephen Strange who, after a tragic car accident, must put ego aside and learn the secrets of a hidden world of mysticism and alternate dimensions. Based in New York City’s Greenwich Village, Doctor Strange must act as an intermediary between the real world and what lies beyond, utilizing a vast array of metaphysical abilities and artifacts to protect the Marvel cinematic universe.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2
    Set to the backdrop of ‘Awesome Mixtape #2,’ Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues the team’s adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mysteries of Peter Quill’s true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes’ aid as the Marvel cinematic universe continues to expand.

Mod edit: Spoiler tags added for plot details.

• Advertisement

Netflix are looking to bring Marvel Knights to series with Blade, Ghost Rider & Moon Knight.

https://movietvtechgeeks.com/dark-knights-marvel-invading-netflix/

Advertisement