Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glasnevin cemetery self guided trip

Options
  • 27-05-2021 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi. I'm unsure if this is in the right place so please move this post if needed.

I'm looking to head out to Glasnevin cemetery with my family this weekend. I did one of the tours there a few years ago and loved it. However at the moment they're not doing any tours.

Has anyone ever guided themselves around? How did you find it? I guess I just want to show them all the "important" graves we visited on the tour. I'm worried because of the scale of the place, we won't see everything we want. I've looked for maps online but I haven't really found anything helpful.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I would give them a call.

They must have a map they can give out at least.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

From what I remember there is a mini museum on site, that shows graverobbers etc, I'm sure they have a map or guide there usually..

BUT

with Covid they might not be allowed to hand out leaflets. I know in Collins Barracks all the interactive stuff and touch screens are disabled, etc

Previous poster is right. Give them a ring and see.

Some useful websites out there, you could download and print off your own guide :)

https://rambledublin.com/2021/05/04/guide-glasnevin-cemetery/

Enjoy the visit!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Advertisement