Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Oh and since I have never had one - First ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was going to type first but I've won one of these before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'm just really impressed about how well the club managed the transfer. Compared to VVD last summer, lessons have most definitely been learned. I do hope they keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Nice,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Have we signed anyone yet?

FSG out!

• Advertisement

Have we signed anyone yet?

FSG out!

Apparently somebody got signed in the old thread, but this is the new thread so I’m back to being a dissatisfied grumpy old b*st*rd again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nobody has been signed since this thread was started.

FSG out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Whats the story with Joe Flanaghan? Is he more or less gone at this stage? Looked a decent prospect one time.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107129498&postcount=9640

I'd love us to upgrade wherever we can. However you said Lallana will get no minutes next season, I pointed out that is extremely unlikely :)

No emotional attachment, merely an opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭jones

Augeo wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107129498&postcount=9640

I'd love us to upgrade wherever we can. However you said Lallana will get no minutes next season, I pointed out that is extremely unlikely :)

No emotional attachment, merely an opinion.

I dont think Lallana is good enough for starting 11 that is looking to compete in league and europe. I wouldn't get rid of him but i cant see him starting bar injuries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

An Egyptian lawyer has filed a €1 billion lawsuit against Sergio Ramos for the challenge which injured Mohamed Salah in the Champions League final.

For the physical and emotional harm Ramos has caused the Egyptian people. I got quite emotional on Saturday I wonder how I join a class action?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Some bull picture going around by Fekir saying he is headed to Melwood for a medical, it's BS, don't be taken in gents....

No need to start the van yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

gimli2112 wrote: »
    An Egyptian lawyer has filed a €1 billion lawsuit against Sergio Ramos for the challenge which injured Mohamed Salah in the Champions League final.

For the physical and emotional harm Ramos has caused the Egyptian people. I got quite emotional on Saturday I wonder how I join a class action?

:pac: that’s fecking ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

sounds like firmino was a big part of getting fabinho to sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm checking in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Kolido wrote: »
    Whats the story with Joe Flanaghan? Is he more or less gone at this stage? Looked a decent prospect one time.

I reckon he'll end up at Rangers on a free, possibly even Celtic. Basing it on Gerrard/Rodgers links.

astradave wrote: »
    :pac: that’s fecking ridiculous

It'll be feckin fantastic if he wins and donates us, say, €500 million for the transfer budget...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

It'll be feckin fantastic if he wins and donates us, say, €500 million for the transfer budget...........

He is more likely to buy himself a harem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There's no real comparison between Clyne and Lallana.

One's a RB, where he's arguably still the best option and may well start there next season, and even if not, he's the only real backup (Gomez is a job-doer) and he's still well shy of 30.

Lallana has seldom been a consistent starter in the team when everyone has been fit, he's struggled with fitness throughout, he's the wrong side of 30 and we've loads of options of all shapes and sizes in the positions he's played, and most are at least as good as he is.

I've no particular desire to see the back of him but at this stage I think he's better off elsewhere. At the latest, he won't be here August 2019, IMO.

Hendo, Fabinho (it really is exciting to add this one in there), Gini, Milner, Keita + 2 more AMs (eg. Fekir and Lamar) is bags of cover for a midfield 3 and gives us the opportunity to easily switch to a flat 4 or a diamond.

Lallana is directly in competition with all of them except Fabinho, and even if everything is going well, he'd only be maybe benching Milner or Gini, and that might depend on the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I expect Lallana to still be around the next year but he'll be that nice boost when he's fit and won't be relied upon.

I can definitely see us going for two big expensive attacking signings. I think it'll be a Fekir type (right age/experience/ability) ready to go first teamer and a young player like Pulisic/Sessegnon type (young, high ceiling with some experience already) who Klopp will try sell to them that he'll turn them into the next big thing. They'd get the Ox/Robertson treatment and not see a lot of football in the first half of the season but when they do it'll be in a very attacking team giving them plenty of opportunities to shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

The Milner/Lallana/Henderson triumvirate will have to keep each other's spirits up next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

33757630_2213928508632304_7721298209665974272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=4fab41b5526cd04f48e49578ee4a16e9&oe=5BBBAF34

More Bobby tapping up please.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,282 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hate to talk Transfer budgets but Liverpool could well spend 200m this summer between Coutinho and CL money.
    FSG finally have in Klopp a guy who can work on a budget and secure back to back CL qualification coupled with a CL final appearance.

There is going to be a major overhaul in midfield, the one part of the pitch Klopp really hasn't touched, and the one part of the pitch we looked out of our depth in on Saturday.

100% this will be Klopp's squad by the end of the summer. A league challenge will be expected this season and competitive progression in the champions league again.

I have finally calmed down over Saturday, gutted I was. No one could predict Karius would cock up so badly, we all thought he was a bit shakey but nothing like that. He handed them the trophy but our midfield was not good Saturday, really hammered home something I always thought we will win nothing with Jordan Henderson starting for us. He's fine for the PL, but against a genuine heavyweight like Madrid, way out of his depth.
    The back 4 were immense though, never gave Madrid a sniff really.

Gutted for Salah, team's confidence dropped when he went off so early.

All the gloating from rivals, I tell ya I'd be more worried if we weren't getting to these finals. Klopp has lost to superior teams, there is no shame in it. FSG have to back him now to make sure, we can't blame squad depth and quality in the future.

rob316 wrote: »

There is going to be a major overhaul in midfield, the one part of the pitch Klopp really hasn't touched............

Grujic, Ox and Wij all bought by Klopp.
    Coutinho, Lucas and Allen all sold during Klopp's reign iirc.

He's defo touched the midfield.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Have we not signed anyone today yet? Poor old ricero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Swap the two best buddies Henderson & Lallana for Sessegnon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Fieldog wrote: »
    Some bull picture going around by Fekir saying he is headed to Melwood for a medical, it's BS, don't be taken in gents....

No need to start the van yet...

Never mind the van get the coptor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

I have to say, a ninja signing out of nowhere has definitely taken the sting out of Saturday, and got me looking towards next season.

In the end, what did for us on Saturday was issues we've known about; not enough depth and a Keeper prone to making errors. It was just bad luck that both of them came home to roost in the biggest game of the season, though you could argue that the bigger the game, and the tougher the opposition, the more chance these issues would be exposed.

We already knew that these issues would be addressed and with Fabinho that process has already begun. And we also know that Klopp doesn't really buy any player just 'cos they're the right position, he also wants to wait for the right player. That does mean that sometimes we put up with an obvious gap for longer than we might like, but it also means that when that gap is filled, it should be by a really good player who is just right for the team. I have faith in Klopp, in FSG and in the direction the club is going. A big change from 6-8 years ago!

All that said, I can't shake the feeling that, as a team/club, we NEED to win something, and soon. It doesn't matter what, a League Cup (basically the 'least impressive' of the trophies we can win in any one season) will do, but we have to win something. We've won one trophy in 12 years, and that was 6 years ago. If this team are to take the next step and change from potential challengers to potential winners, they need to get the first one under their belts. And it would be nice for us fans too... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭mosstin

It occurred to me that that Klopp is becoming as vain as Rodgers was.

Had his teeth done and, now, just before he hits the beach, he gets himself a Brazilian.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement