Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dropping your trouser to the queen??

• 13-01-2021 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

So I'm listening to The Smiths and the Song Nowhere Fast comes on. So far so good, that is until Morrisey utters this verse:
    I'd like to drop my trousers to the queen
    Every sensible child will know what this means
    The poor and the needy
    Are selfish and greedy on her terms

I'd like to think I'm a sensible child, but I'm cant figure out what dropping your trousers to the queen means. Anybody got any ideas?

🙈🙉🙊

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,398 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Show her your arse? Or other bits possibly but I would suspect he just means a good old fashioned mooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you’ve spent as much time around horses as HRH has, Morrissey’s hairy cheeks are hardly going to raise an eyebrow. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'd say she has seen worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I always assumed that it meant mooning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

If it’s Queen Margory I’m game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Rothko wrote: »
    I always assumed that it meant mooning.

Yes, but the unspoken deeper meaning as alluded to by Morriesy which he states "Every sensible child will know".

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Yes, but the unspoken deeper meaning as alluded to by Morriesy which he states "Every sensible child will know".

I think that just means that it's obvious what he's referring to.

Advertisement