Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24lb Salmon caught and released in Kerry

Options
  • 01-04-2020 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭

It's been a long time since I've heard of one that size being caught.

Tomasz Lukowski is the name of the man that caught and released it on The Feale in Listowel.

I can't link it but there is a write up and some pictures in today's South Kerryman paper if someone else can do the honors.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Hope ye can see this folks....

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

As far as I am aware there's reports of big springers from a few rivers in the south west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Beautiful fish, well done that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

Fabulous fish - well done to him - memorable moment.

Hope this is not an April fool story....fish caught on 1st April.

J.R. wrote: »
    Fabulous fish - well done to him - memorable moment.

Hope this is not an April fool story....fish caught on 1st April.

The story was published on April 1st but the fish was caught some days before that, the Kerryman newspaper is only out once a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

I checked with lads who fish that river - true all right.

As you say fish was caught in March and story published on the 1st April ...coincidence.

Its the biggest salmon caught there that they can remember. There were three 19lb salmon caught along that stretch over the years but this is the heaviest fish.

This lockdown is going to do the stocks of all rivers a power of good over the next few years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

My grandfather fished the Feale around the North Kerry District Brosna/,Mountcollins in the 60s and 70s my dad used to tell me stories about the Salmon caught after floods.
    It was a family occasion, little angling pressure and the few locals went down with their copper spoons and brought home a few salmon and sea trout (white trout)...

There's huge fish in the Fergus system at the moment, I know where they lie, Its easy to see them with polarised glasses.
    The rivers are low at the moment too, so hopefully with these spring tide they're making headlong up and out of the way into the deeper pools upstream.

Advertisement