Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National championships 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

http://www.foylecycling.net/nationals2019

interesting Road race course through derry city

race manual
    https://we.tl/t-mrDNQSEZnm

Between the Maiden City Crit and the Foyle Three Day, I'd say the city is used to it. Would be decent crowds maybe? I did the Three Day in 2017 (the one the horse joined) and I'm surprised they didn't use some of those routes. Gruelling.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I recall reading that there would be highlights on TV later the following week for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Somewhere in the back of my mind I recall reading that there would be highlights on TV later the following week for this?

I thought they were going to televise it live-ffs-highlights later-that sucks, we have dunbar and Bennett, 2 world class riders in our nationals, not since Roche and Kelly have we had such a great field. This is so disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

http://www.thebikecomesfirst.com/eurosport-coverage-confirmed-for-2019-irish-national-road-race-championships/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Which pros are doing it? Dunbar and Dunne, Bennett I assume - are Roche or Martin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Which pros are doing it? Dunbar and Dunne, Bennett I assume - are Roche or Martin?

Dunbar, Dunne, Bennett, Mullen. No Roche or Martin - I'd presume they'll have a tilt at the Tour so holding off for that.

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/downloads/event%20-%20senior%20men%20rr.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

What part of the course would be a good place to view it hopefully near a pub

What part of the course would be a good place to view it hopefully near a pub

I'm heading up myself - don't know the area either.

I'm thinking of watching a lap or two at the first hill at Chapel Road and will probably heading towards the finishing straight for the rest and like yourself, try and find a bar. Looks like there's a few on Shipquay Street.

The route:
    https://www.strava.com/routes/17307068

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PringleDemon

marvin80 wrote: »
    I'm heading up myself - don't know the area either.

I'm thinking of watching a lap or two at the first hill at Chapel Road and will probably heading towards the finishing straight for the rest and like yourself, try and find a bar. Looks like there's a few on Shipquay Street.

The route:
    https://www.strava.com/routes/17307068

Ship Quay Street , a few good sized bars on the left side on the way up . Claude's Cafe at the top of the street on the right is a good choice too for food & coffee etc .

Should be a good days racing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Does the course suit Bennett ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Didn't Sam Bennett have the same issue last year?

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Does the course suit Bennett ?

I think it'll suit Dunbar and Dunne a little bit more.

A few short but sharp 'hills' where they can do a bit of damage.

I don't know now I saw this on Sam's twitter from a Hammer Series event last month. Hills will favour some of the others for sure but he looked to be having a bit of craic on these.

https://twitter.com/HammerStavanger/status/1132020101346222081

I see Eurosport have coverage of the French nationals at the weekend. It'll be a 10-15 man FDJ train at the front all day like other years. That can't be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

No Bike didn’t slow Ryan Mullen down in the TT anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

it was great night for it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

womens race start delayed to 17:40. still not convinced about a race finish at 9pm on a Saturday night !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

womens race start delayed to 17:40. still not convinced about a race finish at 9pm on a Saturday night !

Why is it delayed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

are updates just through Foyles twitter or is there anywhere else?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Why is it delayed?

To avoid the heat maybe? Last year was cat for heat, women being peeled off the road with heat exhaustion.

That is shyte in fairness though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

nee wrote: »
    To avoid the heat maybe? Last year was cat for heat, women being peeled off the road with heat exhaustion.

Temperature seems to be about 21 degrees up there at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,634 ✭✭✭✭dahat

11/46 finished the Junior race with the group of favs away all day it seems.

Hmmmm I wonder why the delay then?

Mild compared to the 33-36 degrees they had for the women's race in France there. Caught the last 40km of it. Plenty of spectators with hoses and bottles for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

Anyone Tweeting from race? What time is it starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,634 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hosting Club, Foyle Cc plus Martin O Loughlin had updates during the junior race.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen a clip of the women's race from St. Cecilia's PE. The speed of them, I could barely make out who was who.

Advertisement