Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSP - Bluetooth Watch Development System €37.50 Delivered [Texas Instruments]

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

niallb wrote: »
    Mine arrived this morning :-)
    Plug it in and forget about it until I get home!

as there a customs charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

NTC wrote: »
    as there a customs charge?

Nope... shipped from NL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Killed mine yesterday after setting up the development environment :/

Installed a few widgets through community edition and then lost both displays and eventually the hand stopped moving.

Pebble on the way though, same though as the Analogue Meta watch is the classiest looking smartwatch of the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Did you try the reset from the flashing software?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

I'm having issues with the actual watch. Have all the notifications working as I want, but the time is incorrect; the watch loses 3-4 mins an hour.
    Anyone else? Any suggestions on how to fix?
    It's fully charged and set up using the instructions in post #122

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Mine loses time too, fairly randomly. Haven't flashed it yet though.

kellsred wrote: »
    I'm having issues with the actual watch. Have all the notifications working as I want, but the time is incorrect; the watch loses 3-4 mins an hour.

Reflash 3.1 & reset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

gerryk wrote: »
    Reflash 3.1 & reset

The analog part of the watch is separate from the lcd. If the analog watch is losing time it could need a new battery - These watches were developed in 2011 and have probably sitting in a box since.

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    The analog part of the watch is separate from the lcd. If the analog watch is losing time it could need a new battery - These watches were developed in 2011 and have probably sitting in a box since.

One possibility. However I have noticed that if the watch loses connection with the phone for extended periods, it can hang briefly before resetting. This can cause time loss too.
    My most recent reflash has eliminated this behaviour though.

gerryk wrote: »
    One possibility. However I have noticed that if the watch loses connection with the phone for extended periods, it can hang briefly before resetting. This can cause time loss too.
    My most recent reflash has eliminated this behaviour though.

You're talking about the LCD time so? I cant see how the pairing to a phone could have any influence on the hands.

• Advertisement

You're talking about the LCD time so? I cant see how the pairing to a phone could have any influence on the hands.

Nope... Hands too. It's not the pairing that causes the problem, but the software on the watch hanging briefly.

Whats interesting is that the software can have control over the analog arms - one of the test suite uses this in couple of tests. Though tbh I can't quite follow what the tests are designed to do, I'd expect it to have one test that says reset arms to digital time but it doesn't. It looks like maybe the software doesn't inherently know the current position of the arms and so you need to reset to a known position before the fact it can move the arms becomes useful.

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Did you try the reset from the flashing software?

Yep tried resetting and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭fungie

Has anybody gotten this to work with an iphone?

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Whats interesting is that the software can have control over the analog arms - one of the test suite uses this in couple of tests. Though tbh I can't quite follow what the tests are designed to do, I'd expect it to have one test that says reset arms to digital time but it doesn't. It looks like maybe the software doesn't inherently know the current position of the arms and so you need to reset to a known position before the fact it can move the arms becomes useful.

I take what I said earlier back.

I had to take the watch apart this evening to fix the bottom button. The clip that retains it had come off and it was falling out.

The battery in the watch is a rechargeable LiPo battery. There is no separate battery for the analog dials. It seems that if the LiPo drains completely your analog arms have nowhere to draw energy from.

The winder is connected to the main board but I couldn't see any way for it to turn the winder.

Lots of tiny components and even smaller screws...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

The hands on mine don't work at all. Everything else works though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Got a call this morning about the watch, refund due in two-three weeks, happy days.

Got a call this morning about the watch, refund due in two-three weeks, happy days.

Did you just email them ?

beno619 wrote: »
    Did you just email them ?

Yeah, used the email posted a page or two back. The bottom display is barely visable, even in pitch black, so just thought I'd fire over an email. I asked for a new one but he said they couldn't but would refund it and let me keep the watch. I have a feeling alot of them were dodgy, hence the price and willingness to refund so quickly and let me keep the watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

kellsred wrote: »

I went to check the time on my watch but found it hours out. It managed to completely discharge itself and I didn't notice

I haven't used the watch but just looked at it there and the time is right on it. Hasn't been charged in about a week and has 3.78v on the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Go mine today. Started to mess around with it this evening. Have a few issues someone might be able to help with

1. When running the firmware flash I get this error "All memory Blank checking............. failed" but the flash finishes out fine. using on a windows 8 machine. will try a windows 7 or xp later

2. In the phone app if I run the test "Calibrate hands to 12:00 (OLED)" the hands do about 1 revolution then stop and the watch seems to reboot

Has anyone seen these issues ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Stokolan wrote: »
    Go mine today. Started to mess around with it this evening. Have a few issues someone might be able to help with

1. When running the firmware flash I get this error "All memory Blank checking............. failed" but the flash finishes out fine. using on a windows 8 machine. will try a windows 7 or xp later

2. In the phone app if I run the test "Calibrate hands to 12:00 (OLED)" the hands do about 1 revolution then stop and the watch seems to reboot

Has anyone seen these issues ?

1. When running the flashing software, untick the "Blank Check" on the right hand side.

2. No idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Mine started to work all of a sudden, the led's didn't work at all when I got it. But now they are gone again. I've put new firmware on it and had it working fine so I reckon it will be fine once you have the time and patience to play with it.
    I've no android phone anymore though so if anyone wants it, you can have it for €15(this is just to cover postage-provided it covers it obviously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

bidiots wrote: »
    Mine started to work all of a sudden, the led's didn't work at all when I got it. But now they are gone again. I've put new firmware on it and had it working fine so I reckon it will be fine once you have the time and patience to play with it.
    I've no android phone anymore though so if anyone wants it, you can have it for €15(this is just to cover postage-provided it covers it obviously)

Yes please :)

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Throw me a pm with your details and I'll get in touch on Monday it thats ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

Pique wrote: »
    There's also settings for some things called RST,
    NMI and SSP(Beta) which I have no idea about.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=23413552&postcount=51

Throw me a pm with your details and I'll get in touch on Monday it thats ok?

Just got it \o/ - cheers bidiots - lot of catching up to do on you guys now...

First off - both screens are indeed all dark... there is something there but unreadable - what do you normally do to get the backlight?

Is it supposed to come on when you press a button - or is it always on?

ta.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »

First off - both screens are indeed all dark... there is something there but unreadable - what do you normally do to get the backlight?

ta.

There isn't a back light as such, the two screens are oled. There is a brightness setting for the top and bottom, you access this by pulling out the middle button like you were setting a watch (and indeed this is how you also set the hands manually).

It is designed to come on when you press a button. As I said in an earlier post, my inclination is to forget about the middle button functionality (widgets etc.) and instead just use it as a notification at a glance device - it is really good at that and a great bargain at 38e.

Just for those waiting on refunds, I got a PayPal email confirming the refund. Fair play to them, no messing around

• Advertisement

ozmo wrote: »

ta.
    It was like that when I got it first, then I charged if for a while, flashed it, left it on the desk for awhile because I couldn't get it to work, then came back the following day and the lights were showing. Whether its a case of choosing a different firmware or whipping it against the desk, im not sure....

It was like that when I got it first, then I charged if for a while, flashed it, left it on the desk for awhile because I couldn't get it to work, then came back the following day and the lights were showing. Whether its a case of choosing a different firmware or whipping it against the desk, im not sure....

Looked like it could have been fun to play with - but this one is a gonner - was really dim but no lights at all now - still alive as it responds to PC (accepts firmwares - resets etc. ) - but no lights at all.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

I've had the watch for a few weeks now, and in general, I really like it.
    BUT!!!
    It's just stopped charging in the last few days.
    The green light is on on the clip and seems fine, but battery level continues to drop.
    I've tried changing cable just in case, but voltage is dropping and it's about to go permanently, so I thought I'd check and see if anyone had any suggestions.

One of the pins on the back, the 4th one counting away from the Metawatch logo is beginning to look discolored, and I'm wondering if there's a problem with the internal battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Started to have the same problem I wonder if reflashing will fix it

I haven't tried a reflash yet. I don't normally keep a windows machine around, so it's a bit of a journey to run the flasher.
    Have you noticed the same kind of discolouration I'm seeing on the charging pins?

Yes, but I suspect it's due to the accumulation of sweat and other detritus.

The kind of discoloration I'm seeing after a few weeks would mean a terrible design and choice of materials.
    I'm still thinking it might be some chemical issue from inside.
    Update though, a clean with some (non metallic) scrubbing pad, and it's charged again,
    so I might just need to add checking for the charging icon to the process of plugging it in.
    Thanks for the feedback, and good luck with your own watch!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If anyone has one of these they no longer want I would like to buy it please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I used mine for the first 2 weeks and then went back to my normal watch so send me a PM jonny24ie :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Elbow wrote: »
    I used mine for the first 2 weeks and then went back to my normal watch so send me a PM jonny24ie :D

Ah elbow you leg-end PM sent :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭daddy_boy

have one for sale http://www.adverts.ie/4283112

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

I've one too if anyone wants one, don't have the time to play with it, or post it on adverts for that matter. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bluecmd

Hi!

If anybody is bored with this I'm looking at buying it from you, PM me!

EDIT: Wow, that was quick! I have all the offers I need now, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

has anyone managed to find a 'hello world' tutorial to push a test message from an android phone to the watch? i'm looking to use the watch to display he pedometer stats that are on m phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Anyone one is bored with his? I might buy it off you. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Yo M, I have one of these somewhere.... let me have a look for it

EDIT: Actaully... I bought a different watch off them, not this one

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

i would be interested in one aswell if some one has one lying around.

Advertisement