Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beer a year out of date...would you drink it?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

I would be sleeping on the jacks tonight if I were you or else wear a diaper.

7 cans in. Stomach churning. Cigs and watching danny Boyles trance not helping, trying to figure out film. Rat has moved with me into sitting room, sitting in corner but not there when. I look directly at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

When you said beer did you mean LSD :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

3 litres of beer in an hour and a half?

You're doing it wrong OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

There's probably magic mushroom fungi on the lip of the cans that is causing this strange effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I wouldn't be afraid to drink it, but I'd chose not to.
    I don't think it'd taste the same, but having said, it probably won't taste any different at all.

Ah sure, drink it and if ya die, can I have your sofa? Mine's fit for the skip and it's doing my back in.
    Thanks.

catallus wrote: »
    3 litres of beer in an hour and a half?

You're doing it wrong OP!

Always drank fast. Curse in a round. But this **** is starting to get weird. Rat in corner of room still there and room starting to spin. Thank **** for predictive text or reckon these would be unintelligible. Can't believe it spelt uninstall. Rate starting to move a lot, went to bathroom and stumbled and cracked head, so NW have blod on shirt. 2 more cans left, Ithink. I will get through them.

2 more cans left, Ithink. I will get through them.

Will you at least get your facts right, you said in op you had 6 cans, previous post you were into your 7th can and now you have two more cans left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

... 2 more cans left, Ithink. I will get through them.

Yes, sounds like a sterling idea, Conor.

Have you considered using an IV drip as an alcohol delivery method? Much more efficient :)

• Advertisement

Will you at least get your facts right, you said in op you had 6 cans, previous post you were into your 7th can and now you have two more cans left.

I had 6 put of date cans. Plus 2 in date cans. Which Idrank first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

remember what Einstein said
    drink out of date beer. watch it all come out of your rear!

I had 6 put of date cans. Plus 2 in date cans. Which Idrank first.

7 + 2 = 9

7 + 2 = 9

Well I have 1 can left so.

You've put a downer on things!

Okay hands up, this didn't work out as planned. Was gonna go for the things getting stranger thing, like some creepypasta, and start misspelling posts and so on as I described events getting darker and darker. But it all turned out to be wonderfully boring. The out of date cans were absolutely fine. I actually nearly followed all of Trance. And I'm just the in the usual 7 cans in with 1 left form, maybe slightly better than the 7 pints in pub stage when I'd be trying to figure out a way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Some years ago I stayed in a small country hotel in Dorset. Genial host remembered that he had some Irish beer in cellar. Brought up a large box of same which I proceeded to empty into my epiglottis with gusto. Well after midnight my wife noticed that the sell by date had passed three years earlier. This shocked me but after genial host apologised and cleaned my slate, I decided that the honour of my County rested on my finishing the whole kaboodle. Which I did and woke the following morning with no noticeable effects.
    Don't remember the taste much as I'd had a few snifters before the "discovery".
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I assume you mean beer 1 year after best before ? generally alcohol is Best before. The taste degrades over time. It is a preasureised vestle would have been pasteurised at some stage. Ever look at a date on a bottle of Whisky being handed around ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

You are honour bound to take a drink of gone off beer. It's one's moral duty and right of passage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Lord PuppyMcSnuggle of Cuddleshire

Drank some out of date cans before, tasted disgusting. It wasn't just my imagination either, since I only checked the expiration after I'd already noticed something off about it.

Advertisement