Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Find all posts that quote this one"

Options
  • 21-07-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe a little bit esoteric, but I like to throw these things out there.

On occasion, I'll post something, someone will quote me and respond, but then the thread will carry on for five pages before I get the chance to look at it again.

It would be nice if there were a little button I could click that brought me to the search engine and showed a list of all the posts which quoted that one specific post. So I could see where that little side discussion has gone (if anywhere).

So in the same way that the "find all posts that quote seamus" function looks at the <quote> tag to search for where it has "=seamus", this one would look at the part of the quote tag that has the post ID in it. You click a tiny icon then beside the "Originally posted by joebloggs" (just like the icon which brings you to the actual post), which shows you the list of posts which quote this one.

Obviously doesn't work for manual quoting, but you can't win 'em all.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement