Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S8 SIM Free - £589.99 Amazon UK

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Still waiting for despatch. Monies not taken yet either. 16 oct delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PeeDawg

Expecting delivery tomorrow. Arrived into UPS dublin depot this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Still waiting for despatch. Monies not taken yet either. 16 oct delivery date.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Mine just arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Mine arrived a few hours ago. Spent the last while de-samsungifying it. Handy that you can reject the install of a lot of Samsung sh1te during setup. Nice phone.

Does anyone know the best place to order a genuine 3 pin samsung charger for this from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

audi02 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the best place to order a genuine 3 pin samsung charger for this from?

I just slapped one of these one mine: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/travel-adapters/7839568/

You can find these on eBay too. I have a bunch for these occasions.

EDIT: These converter plugs open up and close around the EU charger so it's a permanent fixture.

I just slapped one of these one mine: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/travel-adapters/7839568/

You can find these on eBay too. I have a bunch for these occasions.

EDIT: These converter plugs open up and close around the EU charger so it's a permanent fixture.

Ah brill thanks ....and it'll work ok with the whole "fast charge" function?

Thank you

Ah brill thanks ....and it'll work ok with the whole "fast charge" function?

Thank you

That's just a dumb plug, basically. Has no effect on the charger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

It finally dispatched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Useful guide here for removing some of the sh1te that Samsung have preinstalled on these phones.
    Handy for removing Facebook, the MS office trial apps, Bixby etc.
    Note that it is a little bit technical, so maybe not for everyone.
    https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/remove-all-bloatware-your-galaxy-note-9-0187799/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Money taken for mine this morning but still awaiting dispatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I ordered on 1st October and it dispatched yesterday. Delivery is via an post but, as usual, their system doesn’t recognise the tracking number yet.

I ordered on the 22nd of September. Very poor from Amazon but poor shipping times is becoming their new standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,385 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

tomslick wrote: »
    I ordered on the 22nd of September. Very poor from Amazon but poor shipping times is becoming their new standard.

Same, not dispatched yet, says arriving on 15th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Got mine today. Nice phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭randombar

Selling unopened one on Adverts if there's any interest guys. Unwanted upgrade from Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Selling unopened one on Adverts if there's any interest guys. Unwanted upgrade from Vodafone.

Have you a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭randombar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

600 quid for a 1 year old phone...

Jlayay wrote: »
    600 quid for a 1 year old phone...

OP is a 1 year old post. :confused:

Mine arrived today but no sign of the 128g card. Did others get the card in the same package or is it inside the phone box?

Mine arrived today but no sign of the 128g card. Did others get the card in the same package or is it inside the phone box?

Mine was in the phone box

Mine was in the phone box

Thanks for that. Looks like I'd better get permission from a man in a red suit and white beard to sneek a peek in the box.

Thanks for that. Looks like I'd better get permission from a man in a red suit and white beard to sneek a peek in the box.

No problem.. I also thought it came without it til I opened the phone box

• Advertisement

Checked mine this morning and did in fact find the 128 card in with the phone. Thanks to audi02, for saving me an embarrassing chat with amazon.

Checked mine this morning and did in fact find the 128 card in with the phone. Thanks to audi02, for saving me an embarrassing chat with amazon.

No problem at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I must be last, mine arrived today. Cheers OP.

Advertisement