Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock Boys engage in some of the greatest horseplay of all time.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ark Bor ...

Ork Bor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Indeed. They are Irelands elite. Leaders of tomorow in business, politics, law, finance,etc, and so by definition, are not the same as the average Paddy. Which makes it easy to laugh at any characteristic that highlights their difference from the rest of society, and rather unfairly too. Yes they live a charmed and privileged life, but give so much back to society as well, yet dont really tend to get their due credit for that.

inspired.

how do you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Don’t see anything wrong with it, myself. Just a few lads blowing off a bit of “steam” while on holidays.

There’s a lot worse they could be getting up to.

That doesn't surprise me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I massively don't get it.

Yes, middle class Dubs are actually allowed go on a holiday.

Yes they do sound like that, what is there to see here?

I would love to be jumping in the pool drinking bottles of Sang Tip and hitting the strip with my school friends etc. This is their time, they are entitled to enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Probably the most mildest and cringiest recording to come out of Thailand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So what's wrong with what they're doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Young lads in drinking pints and acting like young lads shocker. I wish everyone was miserable like me

Bants-gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

What’s that supposed to mean?

The tide is turning…

Indeed. They are Irelands elite. Leaders of tomorow in business, politics, law, finance,etc, and so by definition, are not the same as the average Paddy. Which makes it easy to laugh at any characteristic that highlights their difference from the rest of society, and rather unfairly too. Yes they live a charmed and privileged life, but give so much back to society as well, yet dont really tend to get their due credit for that.

This "fee-charging schools are elite" nonsense is overbearing, propagated by the adjective-restricted vocabulary of the average journalist, and encouraged by the schools themselves and the Hyacinth Bucket types who send their children to them.

To put it another way, the fees for Blackrock/Gonzaga/Michaels/Belvedere etc are about €6.5k per annum. In contrast, huge numbers of Irish parents are paying €1000, or more, per child per month for childcare. To only have to pay €6.5k per year for school fees would be a huge financial relief to all those very ordinary parents.

To all the people who have a chip on their shoulder, on either side of the debate, about "private schools", it may interest you to know that about 85% of all Irish students attend private schools. Did you really think the Roman Catholic or Protestant school that the vast majority of us attended was/is owned by the Irish state? It wasn't, and it isn't. Community Colleges and maybe one or two other types of schools are still the only state-owned schools in Ireland, unfortunately.

The distinguishing words you're looking for are not "private schools" but "fee-charging schools" or "fee-charging private schools". And the vast majority of the funding for these private, fee-charging schools is from the Irish state. Without that funding, their fees would be about €30,000 per student per annum. That might qualify them as some sort of very narrowly defined "elite".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Just stopping by to say Proud 2B Northside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Belvo?

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

So glad that we didn’t have video recording readily available when I was a teenager.

They’re just kids, most of whom can swim faster than... me anyway.

Let them at all it.

Did no one say its " Bantastic " yet ?

…...Sorry I will just get my coat.

Taxi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

If it was some young lad who hurls for Tipperary minors, there would be the same reaction from other quarters, albeit for a different reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bunch of young fellas having a few drinks, causing no trouble for anyone but Boards and Twitter are like "Ahh, cringe!"

State of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

They sound ok, probably take a year out to do some travelling/riding and come back to good careers, better than the knackers with liverpool tops in porto del scumbag

So what's wrong with what they're doing?

Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It's the accent people have a problem with, not what they're doing. It's painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

all the Rock lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Somehow Thailand doesnt seem like the paradise I'd imagined anymore, and the future is not looking too bright for Leinster

• Advertisement

They sound ok, probably take a year out to do some travelling/riding and come back to good careers, better than the knackers with liverpool tops in porto del scumbag

I refuse to believe that's a real place to be honest.

There are plenty of north siders getting the Dart to Blackrock for school....

I have heard dudes from Belvedere, Castleknock, Mount Temple or Joey's speak with just the same accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Omackeral wrote: »
    I refuse to believe that's a real place to be honest.

Its near Porto del knackeragua

Its near Porto del knackeragua

5 miles from Pram Springs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

coastwatch wrote: »
    Somehow Thailand doesnt seem like the paradise I'd imagined anymore, and the future is not looking too bright for Leinster

St. Michael's now provide considerably more players to both the Leinster academy and senior team.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

That accent, christ on a bike

We all are lucky to have them frankly.

Am I roight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Did no one say its " Bantastic " yet ?

…...Sorry I will just get my coat.

Taxi ?

Tuk Tuk

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Sounds like a bit of craic to me. Although I must confess that Chang is an absolutely lethal beer (I'm pretty sure it's stronger in Thailand than the export version we get here) and I wouldn't be surprised if those lads woke up the next morning in a strange environment with some ladyboys and unplanned tattoos, a la Hangover Part II :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Wow competitive fun with rules. They are so WILD!

D4 fun.

P.S
    I'm sure they are nice kids.

Advertisement