Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far back have you gone on your tree?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Late 1780s

Fourth great grandfather born 1725, died 1792. It’s on his tombstone along with his wife’s year of birth, death and maiden name, and his son’s name who felt the need to inscribe that he was the one who erected the tombstone.
    The given names are still used by my family today.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I am happy to know I have a forebear born 1760 in North Co Dublin. This one was only teased out in past year with church records/unusual surname and the use of a her unusual christian name for a grandchild born in 1823 so I am fairly confident.

I have 1760 on another line but more speculative. A dutiful son inscribed full birthdates on a headstone for his parents so another definite set of dates at 1798 for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

1822 Castletownbere and then

giphy.gif

Advertisement