Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warmer weather on way?

Options
  • 12-05-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭

Certainly at present post May 18th looks like the temperatures will creep up for a few days and we may get 20c

This will bring up the low May mean temperature significantly :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

look's like there will be plenty of rain with the higher temp's but :(
    can only get better than at the min,very heavy rain/hail shower's a strong wind and freezing cold.
    oh here's dreaming of even a half decent summer.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

if it stays dry this look's good,i no it's a week away and the charts are struggling even a couple of days out but we can all dream :)

Rtavn18017.png

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Whats the chancesof sunny & warm on Sunday & then the same again on Tuesday ...Communion & birthday party so need fine weather....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Ken Ring said last two weeks of may to be belters. Temp to move up into 20s so watch this space

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

alibabba wrote: »
    Ken Ring said last two weeks of may to be belters. Temp to move up into 20s so watch this space

yep 21c for here next friday which will more than likely be at least 23c its always wrong!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

owenc wrote: »
    yep 21c for here next friday which will more than likely be at least 23c its always wrong!!

I'm beginning to doubt the credibility of your thermometer owen . . .:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Will be nice to feel some warmer weather that is due in next week, but in terms of anything exciting weatherwise, then the drabness just goes on. This really has to be the most boring year for weather I have ever lived through, and that is saying something after the debacle of the last few years. Ok, some half impressive low temps at the beginning of the year but there is more to weather than just temperatures. Active weather has all but stopped since November 2009 imo. Any frontal zones that have struggled since then have been weak, pointless affairs. Any showers seem to lack a certain punch. Strong winds have become a thing of the past, all we get now is just a nagging polar maritime breeze that just adds the general ugliness of the skies, today being a perfect example of that :(.

If the 2nd half of this year is stormy, wet and violent, I will happy, just so long as it more pleasant and warmer than currently. I don't mind cold weather, but this half arsed crap we just seem to be constantly getting is beginning to bug me out a little.

Rant over! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭compsys

pauldry wrote: »
    Certainly at present post May 18th looks like the temperatures will creep up for a few days and we may get 20c

This will bring up the low May mean temperature significantly :)

We'd need a Mediterranean-style heat wave at this stage to bring up the mean temps in the Dublin area to anywhere close to the May median average. Dublin Airport is almost 3.5 degrees below the May median and we're now half-way through the month: though I'm still convinced there's something going on at this station.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

Im with you Deep Easterly. Wheres the excitement.

Often for some reason the months of Spring are boring though - dont know why - maybe the Highs just hover around near us then in Summer we either get heat(1995,2003) or rain(2007,2008,2009) or in the odd year banalness (1989)

Prob liven up in the 2nd half though. Starting with a mini warm spell next week

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Will be nice to feel some warmer weather that is due in next week, but in terms of anything exciting weatherwise, then the drabness just goes on. This really has to be the most boring year for weather I have ever lived through, and that is saying something after the debacle of the last few years. Ok, some half impressive low temps at the beginning of the year but there is more to weather than just temperatures. Active weather has all but stopped since November 2009 imo. Any frontal zones that have struggled since then have been weak, pointless affairs. Any showers seem to lack a certain punch. Strong winds have become a thing of the past, all we get now is just a nagging polar maritime breeze that just adds the general ugliness of the skies, today being a perfect example of that :(.

If the 2nd half of this year is stormy, wet and violent, I will happy, just so long as it more pleasant and warmer than currently. I don't mind cold weather, but this half arsed crap we just seem to be constantly getting is beginning to bug me out a little.

Rant over! :p

Bizarre attitude and quite scary. Maybe a new hobby is needed? Car racing? something with real excitement. while we bask in warm dry still weather that grows crops we need for food and which we love! Weather to rest and grow in without any worries so we can get on with more important things than mopping up floods etc.

Clearing up after bad weather is the most boring and futile and wasteful thing there is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

alibabba wrote: »

Yeah, I heard him on Matt Cooper a while back, I have it marked on my calender, two good weeks from Sunday, we'll see if he's right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Graces7 wrote: »
    Bizarre attitude and quite scary. Maybe a new hobby is needed? Car racing? something with real excitement. while we bask in warm dry still weather that grows crops we need for food and which we love! Weather to rest and grow in without any worries so we can get on with more important things than mopping up floods etc.

Clearing up after bad weather is the most boring and futile and wasteful thing there is!

The more extreme types of weather are our real excitement though, if we change hobby the weather isn't going to stop :pac: it will continue being violent or calm whether we're watching or not.

This is off topic though, it does look like the warmth is coming at last:D
    GFS is progging temps up to 22C in the midlands by Thursday although this could still change

113960.png

trogdor wrote: »
    The more extreme types of weather are our real excitement though, if we change hobby the weather isn't going to stop :pac: it will continue being violent or calm whether we're watching or not.

This is off topic though, it does look like the warmth is coming at last:D
    GFS is progging temps up to 22C in the midlands by Thursday although this could still change

113960.png

looks like i'll be the warmest here again. but not in the uk as the sun is stronger this time so the stupid south east will win again!!!:rolleyes:

looks like i'll be the warmest here again. but not in the uk as the sun is stronger this time so the stupid south east will win again!!!:rolleyes:

No it doesn't. The chart clearly shows that the midlands stretching up towards the north will be 22 degrees, but closer to the coast (i.e. Coleraine) will be cooler.

No it doesn't. The chart clearly shows that the midlands stretching up towards the north will be 22 degrees, but closer to the coast (i.e. Coleraine) will be cooler.

I don't live in the east i live central-west of northern ireland so i will be the warmest i always am, my nearest station is ballykelly and that was the first place in northern ireland to reach 19c.. so just keep you mouth shut, you don't know ok!!!:mad: That coast thing is wrong, it only comes into affect right at the coast, one time it was 26c here and i went to about 1 mile from the coast and it was 22c then right at the coast it was 18c, so that proves its right at the coast!!! i live the same distance ballymoney is from coast. haha just been looking at some charts and it seems the east of ni will be the warmest!! http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess= So about 21c from thursday onwards then at the end maybe even 25 or 26c.

Bizarre attitude and quite scary. Maybe a new hobby is needed? Car racing? something with real excitement.

Thanks for your advice, but I'll not be told as to which hobbies I should engage in. :)

Bring on the storms! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Dowdy20

What are the storm predictions for the summer??

i spotted what i thought was a funnel cloud here in north Kilkenny and pulled over to watch. it was visibly rotating but was weak. disappeared in couple of minutes.

another formed few mins later but only lasted few seconds. but both were clearly rotating. first funnel cloud I've seen my life and i seen two from the same cloud?

Anyone want to guess whats in store for the summer storms?

I don't live in the east i live central-west of northern ireland so i will be the warmest i always am, my nearest station is ballykelly and that was the first place in northern ireland to reach 19c.. so just keep you mouth shut, you don't know ok!!!:mad: That coast thing is wrong, it only comes into affect right at the coast, one time it was 26c here and i went to about 1 mile from the coast and it was 22c then right at the coast it was 18c, so that proves its right at the coast!!! i live the same distance ballymoney is from coast. haha just been looking at some charts and it seems the east of ni will be the warmest!! http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess= So about 21c from thursday onwards then at the end maybe even 25 or 26c.

Bit of a contradiction there, no???

so just keep you mouth shut, you don't know ok!!!

Maybe I don't, but I would bet a large sum of money that nowhere that is anywhere near the coast will get 25 or 26 degrees, or even anything significantly over 20.

That coast thing is wrong, it only comes into affect right at the coast

Actually, no it doesn't, otherwise why would the warmest temperatures ever recorded in Ireland always have come from Birr or Kilkenny, and never from anywhere not in the middle of the country???

I, and I'm sure some others, find it hard to believe that your part of coleraine is consistantly cooler than everywhere else on cold days, and warmer on warm days, and always has several inches/feet more snow than everywhere else.

Bit of a contradiction there, no???

Maybe I don't, but I would bet a large sum of money that nowhere that is anywhere near the coast will get 25 or 26 degrees, or even anything significantly over 20.

Actually, no it doesn't, otherwise why would the warmest temperatures ever recorded in Ireland always have come from Birr or Kilkenny, and never from anywhere not in the middle of the country???

I, and I'm sure some others, find it hard to believe that your part of coleraine is consistantly cooler than everywhere else on cold days, and warmer on warm days, and always has several inches/feet more snow than everywhere else.

1. why were we the first place to reach 19c then??? Why is my nearest weather station always the warmest or one of the warmest in northern ireland??? it even is today.

2. Because they are further south.

3. Because i'm just on the edge of a hill. Theres no weather station anywhere near me so you have no proof.

Calmness please people:)
    Owen i'm afraid i'm gonna have to side thetonynator here. The map does not show coleraine to be the warmest place next thursday and while the outcome will not be exactly the same as what's on the map now (could be completely different actually :pac: ), I do find it very hard to believe that coleraine will have the warmest temperatures in the country.

Just on this point, if they have the highest recorded temperatures because they are further south then why do you keep saying that your part of northern ireland is the wamrest part of the whole country?

• Advertisement

trogdor wrote: »
    Calmness please people:)
    Owen i'm afraid i'm gonna have to side thetonynator here. The map does not show coleraine to be the warmest place next thursday and while the outcome will not be exactly the same as what's on the map now (could be completely different actually :pac: ), I do find it very hard to believe that coleraine will have the warmest temperatures in the country.

Just on this point, if they have the highest recorded temperatures because they are further south then why do you keep saying that your part of northern ireland is the wamrest part of the whole country?

There is no map for coleraine, because it may be possible that my area is like a frost hollow type place were the temperature rises and drops fast, remember there are really high hills behind me. It dosn't matter anyway as its been downgraded already, we arn't even going to get 19c this time, i feel like smashing that fricken gfs up the wall!!

1. why were we the first place to reach 19c then??? Why is my nearest weather station always the warmest or one of the warmest in northern ireland??? it even is today.

3. Because i'm just on the edge of a hill. Theres no weather station anywhere near me so you have no proof.

And in that case neither do you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thanks for your advice, but I'll not be told as to which hobbies I should engage in. :)

Bring on the storms! :pac:

Gee; sensitive today..You sound so unhappy is all and that was a concern.

And thank God it is not up to you.

Maybe see our dogs suffer when there is a storm and enjoy them then.

( our collie may have to be destroyed because of thunder phobia so please...Every storm brings that terrible day nearer)

Taking a long break from here now. So upsetting to read this.

Gee; sensitive today..You sound so unhappy is all and that was a concern.

And thank God it is not up to you.

Maybe see our dogs suffer when there is a storm and enjoy them then.

( our collie may have to be destroyed because of thunder phobia so please...Every storm brings that terrible day nearer)

Taking a long break from here now. So upsetting to read this.

In fairness, he wouldn't be the only one who's being a bit hypersensitive.

Can we keep things on topic please, any further off topic posts will be deleted (EDIT: starting after Deep Easterly's post that is which was snook in as i posted;)). And can we try not to provoke anyone please, it shouldn't be too hard to keep things cheerful, it's only weather:p

Graces7 :)

Thanks for the oul psychoanalysis there, but I think, (a polite way of saying I know ;)) you are missing the point.

This is a weather enthusiasts forum. It gives those of us who like to understand and enjoy aspects of the weather a place to discuss the weather, whether that be to damn or endorse, is that so hard for you to grasp? If that simple little concept is lost on you, then I am not sure why you post here? :confused:

I appreciate that you find a day with pale blue skies and little fluffy white clouds nice, safe and acceptable, that is your thing. I like violent weather, that is my thing, which is the same thing, and I shouldn't have to apologize to the likes of you for having a preference, the same way you should not have apologize for what you enjoy in life.

Try and be a bit more open minded please and try to understand that your particular pleasures in life are not necessarily those of others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

3 people told me in the past 2 days that the weather will be warm next week one a co-worker, one a runner and one a guy i overheard talking in the post office today when i was trying to get a letter posted before the deadline for the post which i did phew.

None of them sounded much interested in the weather but they had the Irish weather gene and sounded an optimistic note of cheerfulness for next weeks weather to be nice so whether its 18 19 20 21 22 or 23 at LAST I can turn the heating off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

The Met Éireann farming forecast on RTÉ One today showed 21ºC for both Thursday and Friday in the south-west and 22ºC on Saturday, both at 1pm.

Take from that what you will. :pac:

its downgraded so only one day of 20c + and the south east gets 25c days like 5 times next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i see my previous post was deleted:eek: :D

Anyway, back on topic, it'll be good to finally be able to turn off the heat this week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

its downgraded so only one day of 20c + and the south east gets 25c days like 5 times next week!!

That is an upgrade not a downgrade.

Advertisement