Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems using AIB Visa Debit card ?

Options
  • 17-09-2019 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else found the AIB Visa Debit card to be unreliable?

I frequently encounter problems with the chip being read in a POS card reader of one of the large supermarket chains. The cashier remarked that it was usually AIB cards they have problems with.

As a result I often end up having to use the magstripe if the total is over the €30 tap and go limit. Today, having had to fall back to magstripe due to the chip fasiling to be read, AIB declined the transaction via magstripe although there is more than enough funds in my account.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems / are all banks cards + systems as unreliable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Has anyone else found the AIB Visa Debit card to be unreliable?

I frequently encounter problems with the chip being read in a POS card reader of one of the large supermarket chains. The cashier remarked that it was usually AIB cards they have problems with.

As a result I often end up having to use the magstripe if the total is over the €30 tap and go limit. Today, having had to fall back to magstripe due to the chip fasiling to be read, AIB declined the transaction via magstripe although there is more than enough funds in my account.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems / are all banks cards + systems as unreliable?

Never had it happen, but I left AIB 15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep 50% of the time it takes several tries to get my AIB Debit card to work. Have had to swipe it a couple of times as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,676 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No problems ever before.

But tried to use it in an ATM tonight and it said there was a problem with the card :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Cocobongo

Never a single issue with AIB bank / card itself - maybe i just got lucky, although moved from BOI and never been happier

Advertisement