Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching on Saorview

Options
  • 17-05-2019 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

This might be of use to some people.

I use the Saorview search option regularly, and it has its quirks.

A full search (using the default Current channel list) for a named/partly named programme, say, that’s on later today and repeated same time next week can take over five minutes, and sometimes not even find the later episode.
    (I’m using this as an example that verifies the full search occurred and both programmes were correctly found)

Similarly with All channels.

However if you select each channel individually, and search Single channel the full schedule will be scanned in less than 10 seconds, although the scan in progress indicator will still be rotating when completed.

Much faster, and usually you’ll know which channel to search, and can also exclude the “+1”s.

Also Upper/Lower case doesn’t matter when entering the name, you need only enter enough characters to identify the individual programme, and there’s a max of 100 entries in the search results list.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Presumably this is specific to whatever device you are tuning?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

I assumed all the Saorview receivers used the same basic firmware, and thus same operation.

Above post referred to a Walker WP6500.

I also use an earlier (2009) non-recordng Walker WP10DTB, just tried the search and it’s definitely faster on the older box.

Hmm. . . Thanks for your input JB :)

Advertisement