Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crime Statistics in Limerick

Options
  • 05-03-2010 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anyone know the crime statistics related to Limerick?? I hear its one of the highest murder rates in Europe but is there any other interesting statistic about the city in relation to crime trends??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ThomondLad

one of my female friends says that limerick isnt a safe place to walk alone at anytime past eight o clock at night. particulaly in winter. one december night last year she was on her way to mikey martins for a few wednesday night scoops and she was approached by 6 men who cornered her, luckily a shade car passed before they could do anything, but god knows what sort of damage they could have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Try the British Journal of Criminology.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

ThomondLad wrote: »
    one of my female friends says that limerick isnt a safe place to walk alone at anytime past eight o clock at night. particulaly in winter. one december night last year she was on her way to mikey martins for a few wednesday night scoops and she was approached by 6 men who cornered her, luckily a shade car passed before they could do anything, but god knows what sort of damage they could have done.

God knows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

You know I said this before and everyone ate the head off me. It totally is dangerous for a girl alone after certain times in Limerick.
    Yr friend was very lucky wow, scary :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ThomondLad

yeah when it comes to the tougher issues people seem reluctant to speak on them. only 10% of these sort of crimes actually get reported so god knows how often this is happening. it seems every day or two theres another such incidient. i told my friend that shes lucking she didnt get completely split in half. she agreed with me, she wouldnt of possibly been asble to take it like, shes only about 6 stone. one of them was a big as the bull hayes.

you have to say some of the short skirts may work as a provocation for men of this type

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yeah when it comes to the tougher issues people seem reluctant to speak on them. only 10% of these sort of crimes actually get reported so god knows how often this is happening. it seems every day or two theres another such incidient. i told my friend that shes lucking she didnt get completely split in half. she agreed with me, she wouldnt of possibly been asble to take it like, shes only about 6 stone. one of them was a big as the bull hayes.

you have to say some of the short skirts may work as a provocation for men of this type

Yeah, sure women in skirts are just asking for it:rolleyes:

obvious troll needs to try harder

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

krudler wrote: »
    Yeah, sure women in skirts are just asking for it:rolleyes:

obvious troll needs to try harder

Think he's been banned already...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Please don't feed the troll. He can't reply anyway....

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement