Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

70% off Wenger Luggage at Tesco

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

PeWu79 wrote: »
    There is a golden coupon in the recent Tesco leaflet that is worth 10 regular coupons and allows you to get your favourite luggage at 70% discount.

Where could I get one of these? I did €50 worth of shopping in Tesco today despite usually being a Lidl man myself. I thought the tokens were 1 for €10 but only got 2 unfortunately and need to get some decent luggage, my old trusty argos el-crappo case is finished after bursting the ZIP this year in Malaysia. I got 80,000 airmiles out of that case and whilst it was not great quality it worked well and this Tesco case looks like the right job if I could get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭PeWu79

I got it with other leaflets, flyers and post the other day. I believe you may find them in stores as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

Stinicker wrote: »
    Where could I get one of these? I did €50 worth of shopping in Tesco today despite usually being a Lidl man myself. I thought the tokens were 1 for €10 but only got 2 unfortunately and need to get some decent luggage, my old trusty argos el-crappo case is finished after bursting the ZIP this year in Malaysia. I got 80,000 airmiles out of that case and whilst it was not great quality it worked well and this Tesco case looks like the right job if I could get it.

It's on the inside of this weeks Tesco brochure that's at the door as you walk in most Tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Connrang

Evening,
    Have a look on Adverts.ie, several kind people offering the for FREE, just pay postage to cover their cost.
    Last two purchases this week and I'm done.
    And I agree with previous poster, a smile to the girl on the checkout when asked if your collecting them works wonders, always get at least double what I should get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

18" case seems to be rare, picked up the last unit in Tesco Navan yesterday evening so now fully kitted out. The wash bag is a handy accessory as well.
    Anyone know how this deal is going for Tesco seeing as they extended it till September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The cases are selling at about 3 pallets a day. The rucksak is the most popular, its usually sold out before the next delivery. Met a few mums buying the rucksac as a school bag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Looks like you should really be getting some endorsement fees from Tesco! (even if they are they are being a little less than honest, since what you were talking about is not quite the same):

<image>

(ad in Sunday Times 8/7/2012)

Hello all,

scudzilla brought this to my attention and I'm really not happy about it at all - it looks like Boards.ie is endorsing this product and that is both misleading and flat out immoral. Boards.ie is a platform and is independent of these sorts of things and has no opinion either way. It's nice to get the bit of free publicity in a paper like the Sunday Times, but they could at least have had the good graces to say that it was one of our members that said it and not us.

We'll be getting in touch with them about it today.

Dav wrote: »
    Hello all,

scudzilla brought this to my attention and I'm really not happy about it at all - it looks like Boards.ie is endorsing this product and that is both misleading and flat out immoral. Boards.ie is a platform and is independent of these sorts of things and has no opinion either way. It's nice to get the bit of free publicity in a paper like the Sunday Times, but they could at least have had the good graces to say that it was one of our members that said it and not us.

Demand a free set of cases for everyone in the audience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,112 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Hello all,

Tesco certainly has a case to answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Has anyone used the 18" on a Ryan air flight yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hello all,

Thanks Dav

I'm pretty distressed about this whole thing, how a huge and reputable company such as Tesco can print a comment i made (without permission) and attribute it to BOARDS.IE as a whole.

I do most of my shopping in Tesco and this has really put me off.

Hoping something comes from this, keep us informed

Went in to purchase one of these this evening and was disappointed with the size of the 24" case, it is just simply too small for long haul I think. Fine for a week in the canaries etc. but too small for a jaunt to South East Asia or Australia etc. The cases are to me very good quality but as I tend to travel long haul more frequently not what I was looking for. The cabin baggage is nice for Ryanair but I tend to avoid that excuse for an airline anyway.

There was no tokens in the Tesco Magazine either unless it was in last weeks edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

km79 wrote: »

Yeah - but I promised her I wouldn't talk about it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Yeah - but I promised her I wouldn't talk about it....

LAWL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

chris85 wrote: »
    Hows the backpack? I am gonna head up tomorrow and grab either the messenger bag or the backpack. For cycling I need the backpack to allow some air flow on my back.

Got the backpack the other day for carrying the laptop and stuff into work on my motorbike.
    I must say while it's certainly a smaller and less featuresque version of the ones for €60 and €70 and the stated RRP of €50 seems rather optimistic it's a great rucksack for €15 and it sits and feels nice while riding around.
    Good quality with really good zips and overall it looks like a well made rucksack. No cheapy feel about it at all, quite the opposite, but I can't comment on how they compare to the more expensive Wenger products. For me it's a keeper. Will get either the holdall or one of the trolley bags too, really like them for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Has anybody used the 18" Suitcase trolley on a Ryanair flight as "cabin size" stated by Tesco?. Wenger at Tesco is 40cm x 34cm x 22cm. Ryanair say on their website "cabin baggage size" 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. Pity the depth is 22cm. Its very difficult to get 20cm depth. Is it best to buy the Ryanair bag? Wonder what quality it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Dinky22 wrote: »
    Has anybody used the 18" Suitcase trolley on a Ryanair flight as "cabin size" stated by Tesco?. Wenger at Tesco is 40cm x 34cm x 22cm. Ryanair say on their website "cabin baggage size" 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. Pity the depth is 22cm. Its very difficult to get 20cm depth. Is it best to buy the Ryanair bag? Wonder what quality it is?

Picked this up today http://www.tesco.com/direct/wenger-18-trolley/770-9172.prd...very good quality...I wouldn't worry about the 2cm theres a pocket on the front so leave that empty and you should be fine..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Yes . . and it was fine . . Although it is a little bigger than the Ryanair dimensions, it is soft and flexible enough so that you can still fit in the measuring thingy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Thanks eringobragh and hallelujajordan for your replies. Heading in now to buy one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Received one of the 24" suitcases yesterday from Tesco as compensation for my distress at them using my post in that advert.

Nice case so it is :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

scudzilla wrote: »
    Received one of the 24" suitcases yesterday from Tesco as compensation for my distress at them using my post in that advert.

lol result!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Could be in for another case, when they post this....

....in this weekends paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Tesco certainly has a case to answer.

qm.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

You can thank me in the usual way! :)
    thanks button over here
    V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

What's the finish date for this promo ?

• Advertisement

What's the finish date for this promo ?

They stop giving out coupons on 9/9/12, and they can be redeemed up to the 16/9/12

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lasher

You should have got the whole set mate, seriously bad form from Tescos on that faux pas.

Jeez, took me ages to find the specs of the cases on offer.

You'll find them all on this page:
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/sports-leisure/suitcases/cat3376020.list?catId=4294960323+4294918671&Items=20

If that link doesn't work go here:
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/sports-leisure/suitcases/cat3376020.list?catId=4294960323&Items=20&offset=20

... and choose the 'Wenger' filter around half way down the page on the left hand side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Backpack is good quality and comfterable on the back. Very impressed with the quality and the comfort of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

anyone know what the laptop bag is like and what size laptops fit in it, cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

anyone know what the laptop bag is like and what size laptops fit in it, cheers :)

They should carry a 15" nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

lasher wrote: »
    Jeez, took me ages to find the specs of the cases on offer.

You'll find them all on this page:
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/sports-leisure/suitcases/cat3376020.list?catId=4294960323+4294918671&Items=20

If that link doesn't work go here:
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/sports-leisure/suitcases/cat3376020.list?catId=4294960323&Items=20&offset=20

... and choose the 'Wenger' filter around half way down the page on the left hand side.

Correct info here: http://www.tesco.ie/collect-and-save-luggage/#luggage

Kathy22 wrote: »

This doesn't show the specs of the luggage i.e. length, width, depth and weight dimensions. The links that I put in show the specs of each case when you click into them.

The specs / dimensions are hugely important when travelling by air. I have a case that has the same dimensions as the Wenger 24" case however my one weighs 10.5kg and the Wenger one weighs 3.67kg. Aer Lingus allow 23kg per passenger on check-in on transatlantic flights so it wouldn't make much sense to use up 10.5kg of this allowance on the weight of the case alone.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one one who wanted to check length, width, depth and weight specs of these cases before purchasing one and none of this information is available on Tesco's promotion page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

lasher wrote: »
    I have a case that has the same dimensions as the Wenger 24" case however my one weighs 10.5kg and the Wenger one weighs 3.67kg. Aer Lingus allow 23kg per passenger on check-in on transatlantic flights so it wouldn't make much sense to use up 10.5kg of this allowance on the weight of the case alone.

Black plastic bag over the shoulder only weighs an ounce... and it will fit lots of clothes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

jammstarr wrote: »
    They should carry a 15" nicely

would a 16 inch laptop have any chance of fiting in it so? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

would a 16 inch laptop have any chance of fiting in it so? thanks

It said 17" on one of the Tesco sites however someone here was saying theirs didn't fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

If you are interested, TK Maxx in Blanch has some stock in of Victorinox (not Wenger) luggage. Victorinox is really quite end and high cost stuff. Competes with Tumi. I've used Victorinox for years, it's bomb proof and the warranty is unreal. Anyhow, if you want the real deal - check out TK Maxx....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

What price for the backpacks.

Did not see any backpacks.... A couple of high end computer computer cased and a few different varieties of suitcase. The had however in the mens section loads of Wenger bags. Again, no idea on backpacks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KGascoyne

Yes we used two 18" cases on a Birmingham - Dublin flight. No problem at all. The Ryanair high tech cardboard box /measuring instrument easily fitted over the cases. Phew !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

Guys, did anyone tried the 18 cabin bag in a ryanair flight? Did it fit in the bag checker?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Amouar wrote: »
    Guys, did anyone tried the 18 cabin bag in a ryanair flight? Did it fit in the bag checker?

Thanks

Already answered in post above yours ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

My housemate threw my tokens in the bin :( anyway have any spare or know where to get them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Tobyglen wrote: »
    My housemate threw my tokens in the bin :( anyway have any spare or know where to get them?

I have some spare, if you want to send me a pm saying you really want them I can pm you back with my addy so you can send me a sae

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

viv2 wrote: »
    Already answered in post above yours ;)

My bad! posted from my phone without checking previous posts :rolleyes::o

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

I am wondering if anyone has any tokens left over could do with getting a new laptop bag for college,

thanks

neonitrix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Neo, pm me how many you want, I have found a few more so if you send me a sae you can have them

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Audacious

Anyone have a few spare so I can get a reliable suitcase to emigrate to Germany? I always seem to buy dodgy suitcases.

Just bumping this to remind you all that the tokens must be redeemed by this Sunday. ( according to the T&C anyway )

I like many others may have a few vouchers spare, just wondering if any charity would take them and then sell of the luggage.

While i`m here, can anyone who got some of the luggage give a brief overview or recommendation of what to get.

Just bumping this to remind people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Just bumping this to remind you all that the tokens must be redeemed by this Sunday. ( according to the T&C anyway )

I like many others may have a few vouchers spare, just wondering if any charity would take them and then sell of the luggage.

While i`m here, can anyone who got some of the luggage give a brief overview or recommendation of what to get.

I bought two of the large suitcases and the backpack...

No complaints, they appear to be good quality and the suitcases are the perfect size for me, used to have 2 humongous suitcases, was always getting caught for excess weight...these "smaller" cases are better

I've heard the "laptop" type bag wouldn't hold a laptop larger than 15 inches, so maybe worth considering that before you buy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement