Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax advice on a duplex?

Options
  • 07-08-2018 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey all,

Does anyone know the tax benefits of renting out a duplex unit to a tenant and I assume the rent a room scheme does not apply for a duplex unit? Any websites would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hey all,

Does anyone know the tax benefits of renting out a duplex unit to a tenant and I assume the rent a room scheme does not apply for a duplex unit? Any websites would be appreciated.

Rent a room does not apply to self contained units. If you're talking about renting an entire duplex then it's no different from renting any other apartment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hey all,

A duplex is just another apartment, albeit over 2 floors.
    The same tax rules apply to this as it does to normal apartments, houses etc

Rent a room relief does apply once you remain living there and it is your PPP.

Advertisement