Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

A man and his dogs

• 11-07-2019 6:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Missing man was eaten by his own dogs, who only left behind bone fragments

"Never have we ever, or anyone we've spoken to, heard of an entire human being consumed," says a deputy who dealt with the case.

Deputy Pitts made an important observation regarding some of the dogs which were offered for adoption.
    The dogs were said to be well-fed and cared for, and Pitts added, "This man loved his animals."

:D

Link: https://news.sky.com/story/missing-man-was-eaten-by-his-own-dogs-who-only-left-behind-bone-fragments-11760718

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,389 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Pack behavior presumably. Fairly wild anyway by the sound of it.

Some of these dogs have been put up for adoption... And yet
    Mr Mack had serious health problems and it remains unclear whether the dogs killed their owner

You wouldn't catch a horse doing this. One more reason to prefer our vegetarian friends

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Leave me the fcuk out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Tragic

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Some of these dogs have been put up for adoption... And yet

quote that there is no proof that he was alive

he would have been dead. And that then is understandable. I lived in a council flat in england and when an old lady in the same block died. they found her feet and legs had been eaten by her cats. she had been there days.

If I die alone my cats are very welcome to eat the meat of my body ; it is only meat . This man would have felt the same.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Graces7 wrote: »
    If I die alone my cats are very welcome to eat the meat of my body ; it is only meat . This man would have felt the same.

Would you not be worried that they'd interfere with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭ Maren Raspy Recorder

We’re they starving I wonder? He was hardly able to keep them well fed and cared for if he had died.

When I was a kid and one dog died, our other dog lay by her, and then lay by her grave for weeks.

Interesting story.

Would you not be worried that they'd interfere with you?

:confused:

If I am dead I am dead. I am sure coroners and attached medics are well used to anything. They have seen it all, bless them

We’re they starving I wonder? He was hardly able to keep them well fed and cared for if he had died.

When I was a kid and one dog died, our other dog lay by her, and then lay by her grave for weeks.

Interesting story.

exactly. He would not begrudge them what he no longer needed. They would have been starving and humans will turn cannibal in a situation like that as they did after an air crash in I think Brazil

:confused:

If I am dead I am dead. I am sure coroners and attached medics are well used to anything. They have seen it all, bless them

I mean the animals might pull down your pants and start nibbling at your genitalia. We have no idea what death entails, you may still have ghost sensation, you may even enjoy those feelings, but if you knew those animals it might also feel wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭ Maren Raspy Recorder

exactly. He would not begrudge them what he no longer needed. They would have been starving and humans will turn cannibal in a situation like that as they did after an air crash in I think Brazil
    You might be projecting your own views there. Most people would be disturbed to think their dogs were going to eat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Dogs in acting like animals shocker..

Despite what many delusional owners see them as.. they aren't mini humans and are always capable of reverting to basic instinct at any point

yeah that's weird, a FF advisor, the minister for finance and then the big man himself (reported to be dying), all circa "bank guarantee" year!

all dying young...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

You might be projecting your own views there. Most people would be disturbed to think their dogs were going to eat them.
    Would most people? I don't know. Perhaps.

The idea doesn't bother me either as I'd be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Unless they started munching before you were dead

I suppose you wouldn't mind either if your dead body was wedged inside a kind of conga line orgy of old fat blokes for a marathon session of drug fuel sexed.

Rituals around death are very important to people historically.

I suppose you wouldn't mind either if your dead body was wedged inside a kind of conga line orgy of old fat blokes for a marathon session of drug fuel sexed.

Rituals around death are very important to people historically.
    What do you think happens when you're buried, that you lie there, uncorrupted, until Judgment Day?

We all get eaten in the end. And cremation ain't for the squeamish either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

A Dogs Dinner.....Sure what harm if you are Brown Bread .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You’d always get delusional dog owners saying their beloved pets wouldn’t eat them if they had the misfortune to drop dead. And that cats would be tucking into the ribs within 5 minutes of you passing. Turns out survival instinct and being an animal knocks silly anthropormorphism out of the park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I suppose you wouldn't mind either if your dead body was wedged inside a kind of conga line orgy of old fat blokes for a marathon session of drug fuel sexed
    Yeah because that's so comparable to an unfortunate situation where the pets have no food and no other option.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

You’d always get delusional dog owners saying their beloved pets wouldn’t eat them if they had the misfortune to drop dead. And that cats would be tucking into the ribs within 5 minutes of you passing. Turns out survival instinct and being an animal knocks silly anthropormorphism out of the park.
    A dog /cat has to eat .

Occasionally when I get Peckish I eye up some appetising humans . Sure we are just Long Pigs . Any Pork recipe would work Scrumptiously .

What do you think happens when you're buried, that you lie there, uncorrupted, until Judgment Day?

We all get eaten in the end. And cremation ain't for the squeamish either.

Ah yeah but if the dog is nibbling away at your ball sack it's a bit different.

The Ancient Egyptians believed very firmly that 'the image' was transcendental. That the body needed to be preserved (in their case mummified) in order to secure passage to the next life. This is also why they decorated the inside of their tombs with images of the deceased, and indeed the sarcophagus itself.

If you've a miniature pinscher sucking and chewing on one of your testicles like one of those golf ball chewing gums I reckon it might send any transmittal process awry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Yet, in the political world rats eat their own and its deemed acceptable. ;)

Ah yeah but if the dog is nibbling away at your ball sack it's a bit different.

At least someone would be.

Yeah because that's so comparable to an unfortunate situation where the pets have no food and no other option.

I don't follow your line of thinking. You suggested that you don't care what happens to your body after death, even now, as you claim to be alive. I'm not convinced.

100% comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

You wouldn't catch a horse doing this. One more reason to prefer our vegetarian friends

You might just end up with a broken neck or trampled.
    Horse riding is a risky activity in terms of deaths and injuries.

Indeed. Massive tools on the beasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Indeed. Massive tools on the beasts.

You would know alright.

You might just end up with a broken neck or trampled.
    I see my plan to set horse people against dog people is working. Good.

But be warned, you dog people. Nobody has ever taken a dog into battle.

• Advertisement

But be warned, you dog people. Nobody has ever taken a dog into battle.

The Romans did surely? Mastiffs or something similar. Probably only for a very short period of history. Or is that just Hollywood stuff?

Advertisement