Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

could this be the first time in 10 years or so we can honestly get excited about a summer and season ahead. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

could this be the first time in 10 years or so we can honestly get excited about a summer and season ahead. :D

That fully depends on if and when the takeover happens. If it drags on for too long then there will be no time left to sign players and we will lose out on all of our targets.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Don't do it, don't let yourself get all optimistic. You know it'll only end in tears. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

Messi19 wrote: »
    If nothing comes of it I'll be heartbroken but we've got to be careful what we wish for. Could easily end up with Venkys mkII

The only way they could be worse than Bates is if they renamed the stadium Old Trafford and changed the colour of the jersey to red, other than that I can't see how they could possibly be worse.

Bates must be the worst owner I've ever seen at a club, bar Venky's I suppose. At least other disastrous owners like Hicks & Gillette for example invested some money while making sh!te of Liverpool.

Bates justs sucks money from the club in order to buy yachts and whatever other sh!te takes his fancy.

There is serious potential in this club with the right owners, no reason why we couldn't be established in the Premier League in four years max if we got the right owners in. I fear if Bates remains for much longer we'll be heading back down to League 1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

People do realise that if we don't get a new owner or some serious investment there is a strong chance he is going to put us into admin again?

If we go into admin a second time, that's it for LUFC.

This HAS to happen. He has bled the club dry, I posted in this thread a couple of weeks ago about how the renovations have stopped, many boxes unfinished, toilets etc in the stand unfinished, contractors not paid.

Trying not to get my hopes up about this, I really am but this is the first time since the end of 2010/2011 season I've actually cared about LUFC. I've had enough otherwise, showed little interest last season, I can't take it anymore. This needs to happen, for so many reasons. Fans are turning their backs on this regime, hardcore fans are walking away because they can't take it anymore.

God knows what sort of mess the ownership of ER, training ground etc is and how that will effect a takeover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

http://twitter.com/#!/saleh_aloumi

This guy is either having a great wind up at our expense or we're all going to faint. The new Man City:pac:

I don't believe this myself but have a read.

https://twitter.com/#!/a_alhasawi

This guy claiming he's heard news too

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

I think it's a wind up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Please God... let it be true :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Can anyone post the tweets? damn work filter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

Most reports on Twitter seem to be that Fawaz al-Hasawi is buying forest and not Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Nu-Centz

i will absolutely lose the plot if this drags out, "transfer embargo" n all... and we are stuck with this 10 man squad we currently have for the season. has bates written all over it.

If its going to happen it needs to happen quick.

Fawaz Al Hasawi is the man rumoured to have bought a Championship club. He was on Kuwait TV giving an interview which people have been trying to translate. Apparently he said something about Warnock in the interview, he said the team he has purchased has great history and he is negotiating with Neil Warnock about staying/becoming his manager, also the team finished low down last season.

He also said the manager told him that the club had the potential to be promoted.

People then came up with three possibilities,
    1/ Leeds have been taken over.
    2/ This man has purchased someone else(Forest) and has been talking to Warnock about being manager.
    3/ It's a hoax but very unlikely as it was on National TV.

They're a lot of Arabic Twitter accounts claiming that Leeds are very likely to be the team, some saying Forest and one saying it's 50/50 with the two of us.

This is a summary from the interview he gave according to someone who translated it:
    Hasawi bought 100% of the team he just bought.

Leeds and Hull were mentioned in the interview.

So far Hasawi has only signed an agreement.

It will be announced in two weeks.

He refuses to say who he has bought as he has an agreement saying he can’t.

He is trying to negotiate with Warnock.

Warnock believes in the potential of the team and thinks they can go up.

Was this team challenging for promotion last season? He smiles and says quite the opposite: they finished below, but Warnock believes that the team has potential.

Here's the interview, no one will understand but it did happen, just the context is not 100%
    http://tv.kuwait.tt/showdetails.aspx?showid=71

As interesting as all that Kuwait stuff is, I don't really believe it's true, it's more likely to be this:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2151854/Ken-Bates-tells-Canadian-consortium-offer-80m-Leeds.html

or the Chicago based group rumoured and also the combination of Pearson and Wilkinson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭event

I think this seems to be a bit of a hoax. who is this guy?

Phil Hay says that no one at Leeds or forest seem to know who he is.
    and im always worried about Arabs being involved in takeovers tbh, don't really seem to work out much. id rather a company we can actually find info about.
    There is gonna be an awful amount of bluster and misinformation, im gonna wait until its done before getting hopes up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Can yous just stop it:). As a Leeds united fan im not suppose to hope and as soon as I do, I know that hope will be ripped from me in the most cruelest of manners. I think I will reserve the right to stick my fingers in my ear and sing la lala lala until something concrete comes out.:o

Well the Kuwait guy story I would dismiss myself, some are saying how can you dismiss it if the translation of his interview is true?

It's could be Forest, Phil Hay said that it was news to Forest also though.

So much speculation, but I don't believe the Kuwait story for a second, just posting up how the rumour came about.

event wrote: »
    I think this seems to be a bit of a hoax. who is this guy?

Phil Hay says that no one at Leeds or forest seem to know who he is.
    and im always worried about Arabs being involved in takeovers tbh, don't really seem to work out much. id rather a company we can actually find info about.
    There is gonna be an awful amount of bluster and misinformation, im gonna wait until its done before getting hopes up

Fawaz Al-Hawasi (ex-President of Qadsia FC in Kuwait).

Just to add more fuel to the fire
    https://twitter.com/#!/Fahad_Alibrahim

This guy is Head Of Sports News - Watan TV - Kuwait......and he seems to think it's Leeds

Here's the claimed translation from that interview. Seemingly Forest might be the team getting taken over from this guy.

Claimed translation:
    @Eng_Janfawi
    After a minutes I'll tweet a video for Fawaz alhasawi talk about his new team ! And I'll tweet the translation for him #lufc #NFFC
    1- alhasawi : I try to buy a club from lower division (not PL) and I want to take 52% from this club to put my control on it .. #lufc #NFFC
    2- alhasawi : .. But when we want to sign the contract they told me only 30% and I refused .. #lufc #NFFC
    3- alhasawi : but now I take over a team with 100% not even 52 and the team has a really good history .. #lufc #NFFC
    4- They ask him about Watford or QPR he answerd : the team is way better .. A good history team .. END #lufc #NFFC

• Advertisement

http://news.kuwaittimes.net/2012/05/30/ex-qadsiya-chief-buys-british-club/

KUWAIT: Kuwaiti businessman Fawaz Al-Hasawi, who resigned as chairman of Al-Qadsiya Sports Club this week, was yesterday linked to the purchase of Leeds United, one of England’s largest football clubs, and Nottingham Forest. Jamal Mubarak, Football Manager of Qadsiya Sports Club, confirmed to Kuwait Times yesterday that Hasawi will buy a British football club, but he refused to reveal its name, saying the information is still confidential.
    “We can’t reveal the name of the British club, as Fawaz Al-Hasawi signed an agreement to keep this information secret. But he will announce the name by next week,” Mubarak said, claiming that the contract will be realized 80 percent. According to him, Hasawi is now reviewing the obligations and other matters related to the club. After completing the review, the contract will be signed and announced, he said. “Of course anything may happen or come in the way of completing the deal. However, most probably it’s definitive,” Mubarak said.
    News reports quoted Hasawi yesterday as saying that a deal for “a second tier English club was indeed imminent”. According to report in an online newspaper, Hasawi’s negotiations will be about choosing a coach first, and that Hasawi was eyeing a former coach of Queens Park Rangers. According to news reports, Hasawi bought 100 percent of the shares of the club and is waiting for the final signing of the purchase contract. News reports also said that Hasawi will work on brining in Kuwait players to improve their skills. “If I buy the club, I will support the movement of any Kuwaiti football player to this British club,” he was quoted as saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Jeez,the way things are with Leeds now we'll probably get a new owner on loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Twitter is unreal for rumours, all it needs is one person to tweet rubbish, then everyone else will retweet it in the hope that its true. I dont believe a word of this but the hype is so much, that the club need to deny it as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Billy Paynters wife's been sleeping with Championship goalkeepers. When questioned he said "I wouldn't put anything past those bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

If the Kuwaiti guy was refused the full sale of one club and then got 100% of the other then we are definitely the club only offering him the limited interest. Bates would want him to invest all his dough whilst Bates keeps a nice % to get the benefit of it all. No way a rich sugardaddy is coming to buy us. Feck the rumour mill for getting me all excited for a while tho.

This post has to jinx us into actually getting the rich sheik!!

With all the takeover talk, the transfers situation hasn't been talked about much, chances are there could be an embargo until everything is finalised.

Either way, we've been strongly linked to Lee Peltier and I'll be shocked if Paddy Kenny doesn't sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

is there any truth coming out of the club these days????

I have no idea whats going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I fear that Paul lamberts first duty at villa will be to sign Robert snodgrass

I fear that Paul lamberts first duty at villa will be to sign Robert snodgrass

You think Snoddy's delaying of his decision has anything to do with the potential takeover? He said himself if Leeds show ambition then it's an easy decision to stay.

• Advertisement

SarahBM wrote: »
    is there any truth coming out of the club these days????

I have no idea whats going on!

I think the silence is interesting, it's understandable the fans are getting edgy about the lack of communication but this could be a good thing.

The club have said they're in discussions about long-term investment which could mean takeover. The word from LUST and sources around Elland Road is that this is indeed a takeover.

It's said that talks are at an advanced stage, Bates has said before that when talking investment he asks two things before talks begin, No.1....Identity....No 2....Proof of funds in a London bank....these have obviously been adhered to as the group were shown around the club last Thursday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmrRVCwyEcI Here's an interview from Phil Hay, discussing what he knows about the potential investment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement