Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christy Goes Modren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

I think you are on your own here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Had his day in the sun playing the rebel while the bank balance increases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Must... resist....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Good god! it's enough to leave the house at velocity to get some distance from that ........

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Even worse than the original Christy Moore, something that I never thought was possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

If you don't laugh at his RATM cover, you're a c*nt.

Or unfamiliar with RATM's debut album and/or Christy Moore. Either of which also makes you a c*nt.

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

If you don't laugh at his RATM cover, you're a c*nt.

Or unfamiliar with RATM's debut album and/or Christy Moore. Either of which also makes you a c*nt.

Thanks OP!

Always felt he had a good “version” of Black Sabbath’s ‘Paranoid’ in him, myself.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Cannot bear him. At all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Right i haven't listened yet. I am pressing play now and coming at this with a totally open mind.

Will review in a moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Christy Moore? Crafty Hoor more like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

The Christy Clone creature is scaring me. Has the creature killed christy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

hats fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭anewme

OP clearly on wind up

Crow cant even spell modern.

It was 100 times worse than I expected.

Always felt he had a good “version” of Black Sabbath’s ‘Paranoid’ in him, myself.

If you've any interest in a bit of trad/rock, I'd highly recommend these buachaillí. The Uilleann pipes would make the hair on your balls stand up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

He has an awful accent, is it genuine or put on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

That’s not christy.its some fcukin lookalike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You serious?

;)

Its a lad using face capture tech to look like Christy.

• Advertisement

Its a lad using face capture tech to look like Christy.

He does not look anything like him though?

That tech does not work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

If you've any interest in a bit of trad/rock, I'd highly recommend these buachaillí. The Uilleann pipes would make the hair on your balls stand up.

I’ll see your Hearts, D, and “raise” you some ‘slips.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Needs moar perspiration!

anewme wrote: »
    Crow cant even spell modern.

giphy.gif
    He does not look anything like him though?

That tech does not work.

I doubt he had a Game of Thrones-esque budget for it in fairness.

It does not make sense even a a joke?

Pure madness. Those boys did some ridin' in the 70's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Needs moar perspiration!

And less tattoos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Good "find" Emm.

Always thought E C was a bit of a "Gimp". My suspicions have been confirmed.

On Christy. I loved all his stuff up to the late 80s. After that he just became a parody of himself with the old "bogman" Jaysus chrisht, begob and begorrah way of talking.

Pure fake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

today i learned from local radio Emmet Spiceland was actually an alrite folk band, i only knew the name from yer man here, always liked his name, had a cool funk about it, turns out its an actual thing!

well played sir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Christy Moore is a sweaty aul bollox.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Christy Moore is a sweaty aul bollox.

had some class tunes back in the day tho
    with his sweaty auld bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Here's another cantankerous auld bollocks with an overinflated sense of himself.

It's beautiful though.

Credit where credit is due.

Christy Moore has a talent that people warm to.

This person is just a humourless fool.

Credit where credit is due.

Christy Moore has a talent that people warm to.

This person is just a humourless fool.

I think that's just since he stopped drinking, he was better craic with alcohol. I suppose we all are though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Here's another cantankerous auld bollocks with an overinflated sense of himself.

It's beautiful though.

It really is. He has some amazing catalogue which at least gives him some right to feel like he has an unusual talent.

• Advertisement

LaFuton wrote: »
    today i learned from local radio Emmet Spiceland was actually an alrite folk band, i only knew the name from yer man here, always liked his name, had a cool funk about it, turns out its an actual thing!

well played sir

Great group. Brendan Bendar's hero, Ronan Collins, often gives them a "spin".

We had a great night and following day here in the village over 10 years ago. Andy Irvine was booked for a gig in the local and the owner had to go away at short notice. Before going he told the barman to "look after" Andy and make sure he wanted for nothing. After the show said barman, myself and a few others did a marathon session with Andy over 3 villages until 6 the following evening. Paul Brady arrived to collect Andy to go to a gig somewhere else. Brady was beside himself with anger and tore into Paddy the barman. Paddy told him to go and f*** himself. He was "just following orders".

You'd have to be there.

sounds like a good night

pascal gave them a spin 2day on ocean and had a story as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

darlett wrote: »
    It really is. He has some amazing catalogue which at least gives him some right to feel like he has an unusual talent.

Too much showing off on the guitar for me.

A definite cantankerous bollix though, that's for sure.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Great group. Brendan Bendar's hero, Ronan Collins, often gives them a "spin".

We had a great night and following day here in the village over 10 years ago. Andy Irvine was booked for a gig in the local and the owner had to go away at short notice. Before going he told the barman to "look after" Andy and make sure he wanted for nothing. After the show said barman, myself and a few others did a marathon session with Andy over 3 villages until 6 the following evening. Paul Brady arrived to collect Andy to go to a gig somewhere else. Brady was beside himself with anger and tore into Paddy the barman. Paddy told him to go and f*** himself. He was "just following orders".

You'd have to be there.

Went to see Andy in the local here a few years back, brilliant gig. What a musician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Isn't it strange how people have gone off him since he became an insufferable príck

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

War Pigs.

"Eejits queueing up in masses, buying paper for their asses"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

My Favourite

It's beautiful though.

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Isn't it strange how people have gone off him since he became an insufferable príck

apparently he doesn't let people go to the bar to grab a pint during the show and if the audience claps he puts down his guitar and goes on strike.

Went to see Andy in the local here a few years back, brilliant gig. What a musician.

Ya. He played here several times. With Donal Lunny, Patrick Street and another band name who's escapes me with some eastern European guys.

Absolute legend and always stayed on to chat with punters after the show.

Ya. He played here several times. With Donal Lunny, Patrick Street and another band name who's escapes me with some eastern European guys.

Mozaic

Finding it terrible hard to remember who was with him due to porter consumption but Lunny was there for sure. Possibly a chap on uilleann pipes too, not sure if it was Liam O'Flynn (RIP) or the chap from Moving Hearts. One of those nights where the music takes ya!

To be fair to Christy. I saw Movin hearts on my 18 th birthday and I was blown away. Up to then I'd only ever seen a few C&W and rebel song bands in pubs. Movin Hearts were another level. I saw him solo several times after that and always came away satisfied. Around 1990 he changed and has never been the same.

To be fair to Christy. I saw Movin hearts on my 18 th birthday and I was blown away. Up to then I'd only ever seen a few C&W and rebel song bands in pubs. Movin Hearts were another level. I saw him solo several times after that and always came away satisfied. Around 1990 he changed and has never been the same.

Changed the trad game with MH, bringing the jazz-fusion into it. Never seen them live but the Live in Dublin DVD is possibly the best 20 quid I ever spent. The lads are virtuosos. Like an Irish Bela Fleck band.

uch wrote: »
    My Favourite

I love The Island, so poignant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

LaFuton wrote: »
    apparently he doesn't let people go to the bar to grab a pint during the show and if the audience claps he puts down his guitar and goes on strike.

I’ve been a fan of Christys all my life, my dad played it non stop when I was a young fella and the first CD that came into our house was Unfinished Revolution if I remember correctly.

Been to see him several times and yes, the bar in the venue is closed and you can only come and go between songs. They usually have a bar outside the actual room he is playing in and there’s no drama being your drink in.

Certain songs he will stop playing if people clap but he doesn’t “go on strike”

His new stuff is dog shyte. Absolute muck and he is getting very much like bono.

Declan Sinnott who normally accompanied him of late is a fantastic guitarist and worth a listen to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement