Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin 5 euro a month Mobile offer is back

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Did they say anything about why you were having those problems but others weren't? I'm considering whether to join. Is it worth the hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I used to have them as provider but dumped it when i got no reception for 2 days at a wedding and everybody around me was using vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

okidoki987 wrote: »
    With that price for 6 months, I got back onto them today to see if they had fixed the problem receiving the verification texts from Banks, Paypal they had last year.
    Not fixed yet according to the staff on Whatsapp but they were "looking into it".
    I contacted them about it 11 months ago and they are still looking into it. :eek:
    so I guess I won't be rejoining them anytime soon.

Useless shower so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

garo wrote: »
    Did they say anything about why you were having those problems but others weren't? I'm considering whether to join. Is it worth the hassle?

I got this from them in June, "most codes/premium sms texts are not covered/supported by VM. The last update we have is that this is due to a recent routing issue with the providers of those codes that is not matching with ours.
    Rest assured this is being worked on".

Sounds like they don't know what is going on and nearly a year later, doesn't sound like it will be fixed anytime soon.
    The codes do work for a couple of my friends but not for me so not sure.
    If you don't need 2FA texts, it's pretty good offer but you might get lucky anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

I do need them. Not worth the hassle. 48 it is so.

• Advertisement

Seeing as it's 11 months since I contacted them and they knew about it at that stage, probably best used for the kids phones.

Offer is back.
    €5 for 5 months, unlimited everything on 30 day contract.
    https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just be careful. Signed up for this. They charged me the full €42.50 the first month. Have now said that it'll be credited to my account and the €5 charge will kick in. Only needed it for 2-3 months. Nice sly way of getting more money out of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

antodeco wrote: »
    Just be careful. Signed up for this. They charged me the full €42.50 the first month. Have now said that it'll be credited to my account and the €5 charge will kick in. Only needed it for 2-3 months. Nice sly way of getting more money out of you!

How did you get in contact with them? Same thing happened here but I cant get an answer from them - tried phoning and offices closed, emailed but no response :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is the verification texts issue resolved?

• Advertisement

Only wrote: »
    How did you get in contact with them? Same thing happened here but I cant get an answer from them - tried phoning and offices closed, emailed but no response :mad:

Messaged over their WhatsApp support!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Last time I switched they charged me an extra month after I cancelled. I got an email about it recently. Can't find it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

antodeco wrote: »
    Messaged over their WhatsApp support!

Thanks for that info! Have messaged them this morning - no response yet but hopefully they will

Only wrote: »
    Thanks for that info! Have messaged them this morning - no response yet but hopefully they will

Pretty sure they don't work on Sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

Does anyone here use the virgin mobile sim in a 4g router. Does it work? I'm looking for internet options for my parents and mobile broadband seems to be the only option. Was thinking either 3 or VM sim plan and picking up a cheap 4g router?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

Yes, i buy 4 and give one to a friend who uses in a 4g modem at home...3 network and works pretty well, he's rural and its adequate so if your ok with 3 signal where your patents are its a great way of doing it., ps if it doesnt work out cancel withn 14 days : )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

If I buy one today can I wait till October to use it, and is there a delivery fee?

Just to buy the SIM they want your bank account details

Their live chat isn't working.

I,LL rephrase that, 20 minutes wait on live chat.

• Advertisement

So it's activated when you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Anyone know if it's possible to get this offer if you're back on their full price after availing of it last time? Or will I have to switch to another provider and switch back to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭michaelduignan

can somebody with this SIM confirm the fair usage policy limit? the website is unclear. Does download speed drastically reduce if you hit the limit?

thanks

can somebody with this SIM confirm the fair usage policy limit? the website is unclear. Does download speed drastically reduce if you hit the limit?

thanks

I think its 80-100gb per month, I've never noticed throttling. I recieved an email saying it went to 100gb per mnth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

This offer is back on.

Any existing customers manage to avail of the offer without having to go through the whole rigmarole of cancelling and rejoining?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

This offer is back on.

Any existing customers manage to avail of the offer without having to go through the whole rigmarole of cancelling and rejoining?

no, you have to cancel and rejoin, or use someone else's bank account with different address.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TempAccount111

Good offer this

I’m on a 30 day rolling deal with Eir so will take this up.

Question here - I have an outstanding bill with Eir (monies owed due to missed direct debits which I’m in disagreement with and that is ongoing now)

Can Eir refuse to unlock my phone (it’s locked to them even though initial 2 year contract was up) until that debt is settled?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I decided to switch from Eir to Virgin last year. Got the new SIM, spent an entire evening trying and failing to port my number across. Rang them the next day and after 45 mins on hold the line went dead. Tried them again. Nearly an hour later they answered but at that stage I had resolved that I was going back to Eir (better the devil you know) so I told them I wanted out. Girl I was talking to sounded so defeated she didn't even ask why.

Advertisement