Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay for parking app

Options
  • 19-11-2016 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Looking for a pay as you go parking app for the city. I downloaded Parking Tag but there is no PAYG option they seem to want to preload your account and then keep topping up every time you go below €10. What apps do others use? Would love a PAYG that just takes straight from card as required. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Neilfx

I have pay parking by text set up, so I text "PARK YELLOW 60 car reg" to 53311 when parking my car and get a reply text "Your parking for car license plate xxxxxx will expire at 16:54 08/10/2016". I'm not sure if they are still allowing people to register for this since they brought out the app, but it's worth ringing them to find out. It is called PAYZONE. The charge is deducted from my card as I use it, so no pre-payment required. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Joaquin223

Apologies for digging up an old thread, but has anyone found a sensible parking app for Dublin City Centre?

Parking Tag making users to auto-top up every time the account goes under €10, then also charging a "monthly maintenance fee" of €0.50 + VAT per vehicle is mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭bren2001

Joaquin223 wrote: »
    Apologies for digging up an old thread, but has anyone found a sensible parking app for Dublin City Centre?

Parking Tag making users to auto-top up every time the account goes under €10, then also charging a "monthly maintenance fee" of €0.50 + VAT per vehicle is mad stuff.

Is this new? I've never had to top up or pay a monthly maintenance fee with the Parking Tag app.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Just use pay now option.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Joaquin223

When you register for an account and use it then they have the auto-top up & monthly maintenance fee. I figured the pay now option was more aimed at tourists, but I guess that's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement