Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Pics 03 Jan: Lugalla

Options
  • 04-01-2010 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Decided to walk to the foot of Djouce Mountain this morning. The walk up by Lugalla was truly amazing! You would think you were in the middle of the Alps! There was snow drifts over 5ft. If you guys like snow- I would recommend a trip up, it’s certainly worth it! Approach the Lugalla estate from Roundwood but do not attempt to drive anywhere near it! Park at one of the forest car parks along Sraghmore but be careful because this road is icy. From here, it is about a 50min walk to the foot of Djouce. Enjoy.

DSC02511.jpg
    DSC02462.jpg
    DSC02464.jpg
    DSC02465.jpg
    DSC02469.jpg
    DSC02470.jpg
    DSC02472.jpg
    DSC02478.jpg
    DSC02479.jpg
    DSC02480.jpg
    DSC02481.jpg
    DSC02483.jpg
    DSC02484.jpg
    DSC02486.jpg
    DSC02488.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

DSC02492.jpg
    DSC02495.jpg
    DSC02493.jpg
    DSC02498.jpg
    DSC02501.jpg
    DSC02502.jpg
    DSC02507.jpg
    DSC02504.jpg
    DSC02510.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

One word STUNNING

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

Great pics :)

Christmas cards for next year ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Absolutely beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Gawd dang they're nice pics!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Fantastic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

all i can say is wow. as you said yourself it's a scene more reminiscent of the alps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

breathtaking pics
    thankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

what poor knob brought his car up there?? :D:D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 RazorT

Absolutly stunning!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

excellent photos there, and loads of snow. I'm guessing you will tell us that is not your car....

JonnyM wrote: »
    what poor knob brought his car up there?? :D:D :rolleyes:

It must have been up there for quite some time! That road has been terrible for the last few weeks! One thing thats for sure, is that it will be along time before they get their car back home!!!
    excellent photos there, and loads of snow. I'm guessing you will tell us that is not your car....

Thankfully not my car!! Mine was parked safe and sound about a mile down the hill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Cool, im planning on hiking up to Kippure some day. The drifts on top of it can be over 10 feet sometimes. Heres a pic of it I took last Wednesday when it was raining heavily down in Dublin, The drifts on the military road were already 2-3ft then. Saw some jeeps trying to make it up there, but they all turned back and some were abandoned!
    4244632531_04dfe7e5e8_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Great pics, snow looks great against blue sky backdrop
    What height al roughly are you in those pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭.243

i spied a cpl of idiots with the spotting scope out on top of djouce yesterday and the red lane to the sugarloaf was half blocked with cars all the way to the carpark all "coming out to play in the snow",common sense went right out the window

Great pics, snow looks great against blue sky backdrop
    What height al roughly are you in those pics?
    I think that road is at about 400-500 meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Great pics Boardsranger, serious amount of snow up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Stunning, just stunning, amazingly beautiful, the stuff of snow dreams!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Stunning, just stunning, amazingly beautiful, the stuff of snow dreams!
    Its only a short spin over the road for you Supercell! It is well worth the walk. Im heading up again in the morning and hopefully will see some fresh snow from tonights fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its only a short spin over the road for you Supercell! It is well worth the walk. Im heading up again in the morning and hopefully will see some fresh snow from tonights fall.

I was thinking of heading up around there on Thursday actually, but for a sniff around the lower slopes and to go crazy with my camera :D , haven't the experience or the knowledge to attempt the higher up stuff..
    There will be fresh snow up there in the morning aright - its snowing here now!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Wow. You wouldn't think that was only sitting just outside Dublin.

Great photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Decided to walk to the foot of Djouce Mountain this morning. The walk up by Lugalla was truly amazing! You would think you were in the middle of the Alps! There was snow drifts over 5ft. If you guys like snow- I would recommend a trip up, it’s certainly worth it! Approach the Lugalla estate from Roundwood but do not attempt to drive anywhere near it! Park at one of the forest car parks along Sraghmore but be careful because this road is icy. From here, it is about a 50min walk to the foot of Djouce. Enjoy.

PICS
    gr8 pics

hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TexanHillbilly

5 foot drifts! These are proper snow drifts 1957 opposite Luggala Gates! I'm the one on skis at top of drift

Advertisement