Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Atlantic Pin Number

Options
  • 26-10-2020 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

I'm asking this on behalf of an elderly relative. They have Sky about 20 years and it's the same box they have always had. They wanted to watch something on Sky Atlantic but they need a pin number. I found out if they put the last 4 digits of their viewing card in, this will work. But it said it was incorrect. Would anyone know how they can sort this out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Graceland wrote: »
    I'm asking this on behalf of an elderly relative. They have Sky about 20 years and it's the same box they have always had. They wanted to watch something on Sky Atlantic but they need a pin number. I found out if they put the last 4 digits of their viewing card in, this will work. But it said it was incorrect. Would anyone know how they can sort this out.

It may have been set to something else at some point, or it also may be the last
    4 digits carried over from an earlier viewing card with a different number.

To reset the pin: Services-Parental Control-Red Button then follow instructions, sky account no or possibly bank account details may be needed to reset.

This only works with an internet connected box, otherwise it may be possible through their account on sky.com if they have that set up it, if not it will require phoning sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Won't need a pin if it's after 9 pm.

They're showing a lot of stuff now during the day that would of usually been shown from 9pm onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Graceland

Vic_08 wrote: »
    It may have been set to something else at some point, or it also may be the last
    4 digits carried over from an earlier viewing card with a different number.

To reset the pin: Services-Parental Control-Red Button then follow instructions, sky account no or possibly bank account details may be needed to reset.

This only works with an internet connected box, otherwise it may be possible through their account on sky.com if they have that set up it, if not it will require phoning sky.

Thanks for the reply. I know they got a few different viewing cards through the years, so maybe their code was from the very first one, but they don't remember it now.
    Their sky box isn't connected to the internet as it's a very old one. I'll tell them to phone sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Graceland

Won't need a pin if it's after 9 pm.

They're showing a lot of stuff now during the day that would of usually been shown from 9pm onwards.

Thanks for the reply. If they can watch programmes after 9 without a pin number, this wouldn't be too bad.

Advertisement