Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reset Sky HD box

Options
  • 25-06-2008 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

I have had Sky HD for the last few months. The box has been going on the blink recently - I'm getting the message no satellite signal - and I have been turning off the power and starting up again which fixes things sometimes.

Last night I was trying to watch the Committments and the sound was going off and on. This was on Anytime TV. I switched over to Poseidon and the same thing was happening with the Dolby Digital sound.

How do I do a full reset of the box that will return it to factory settings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Press Services 4 0 1 select, don't mind what appears on screen while you are doing it, then press 8 for Full System Reset, let the box do its thing, reboot and switch back on, this will fully reset the hard disk drive and wipe all recordings and future recordings.

You could first try option 7 which is sky+ Planner Rebuild which would probably fix your current problem, note that this does not wipe your recordings or future recordings.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Thanks for the info. I will try option 7 first.

Advertisement