Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Splashing the cash!!

Not a bad signing atall for relatively small money.

https://twitter.com/STVRaman/status/1138860805905100805?s=19

Don't know anything about this guy but 10m seems steep

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1138840002794852357?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Good to see some signings been made. Turnbull looks a good prospect

Don't know anything about this guy but 10m seems steep

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1138840002794852357?s=19

We have money to burn and now is the time to spend. We''ve lost Boyata who was rated at 9m and could be losing Benkovic who we've had on loan and was rated at 13m. It will take money to replace them, so good to see that we appear to be willing to get some quality in and spend some of those millions that are in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭RoryMac

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Good to see some signings been made. Turnbull looks a good prospect

Yeah looks a decent signing to replace Ntcham if he leaves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

We have money to burn and now is the time to spend. We''ve lost Boyata who was rated at 9m and could be losing Benkovic who we've had on loan and was rated at 13m. It will take money to replace them, so good to see that we appear to be willing to get some quality in and spend some of those millions that are in the bank.

Ollie Burke was rated £15m and i wouldnt give a coke and a packet of crisps for him!

I dont know how a player with a year left on his contract at Celtic was worth 9m, the papers were spoofing

Going for the Irish chap at Bolton too Luca Connolly or something. Any good? Only 19 again. Would like to see a bit of experience brought in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

Going for the Irish chap at Bolton too Luca Connolly or something. Any good? Only 19 again. Would like to see a bit of experience brought in

I think you mean the 19 year old midfielder Luca Connell. He can play at the back as a left back or in midfield. So might be a good option to provide cover for Tierney in particular.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Ollie Burke was rated £15m and i wouldnt give a coke and a packet of crisps for him!

Ollie Burke actually sold for 15m from Leipzig to West Brom after Leipzig paid Forest 13m. I agree after a promising start to his loan deal he was rubbish.

What I'm saying is we have the money to go and get players that we need, so as long as it's the right player then if it takes 10m we should do it. We need a quality cb and a rb urgently. What's the point leaving the money sitting in the bank if we end up missing out on the CL funding as a result of failing to act quick enough in the transfer market?
    Dempsey wrote: »
    I dont know how a player with a year left on his contract at Celtic was worth 9m, the papers were spoofing

Fulham actually bid 9m for Boyata IIRC but Rodgers blocked the move cos he wanted him for the CL qualifier v AEK and then Boyata refused to play because he wanted to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Christ, another transfer window turns into an absolute cluster f*ck.

Those tweets are utterly embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Christ, another transfer window turns into an absolute cluster f*ck.

Those tweets are utterly embarrassing.

BooHoo the club tell us nothing.

BooBoo the club are saying too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

A 'magnificent' offer, do we have Trump manning the clubs twitter account?

Keeping the fans updated is one thing, doing your business in public is another.

A 'magnificent' offer, do we have Trump manning the clubs twitter account?

Keeping the fans updated is one thing, doing your business in public is another.

Motherwell put it in the public domain. Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,123 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Motherwell put it in the public domain. Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

Where did Motherwell put into public domain that a magnificent offer was made to Turnbull and his agent?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Where did Motherwell put into public domain that a magnificent offer was made to Turnbull and his agent?

They released a statement saying a deal was agreed.

Would prefer if we didn't sign him now. Fair play to the club keeping us informed how greedy this agent is

Have to imagine Motherwell must be well ticked off at Turnbull. They had to be over the moon at the prospect of getting a record transfer fee into their back account and now that is up in the air. We offered him a massive wage increase as well as offering Motherwell 3m for a 19 year with only 1 season in the spfl behind him. Never mind the fact that of course playing for us is such a big stage if he even only was looking long term.
    3m is a lot to offer for a 19 year old with only 1 season in the spfl as well but I was ok with it as he looks a good player. But this reaction to a great opportunity for him at just 19 well he can take a hike as I said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

He should be looking to let his football do the talking, the money will follow from there. Id question his desire to play for Celtic and his mentality to succeed at a big club where competition for places is the norm. His stance could be a blessing in disguise

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

His agent is 90% responsible for this. Fcuking agents are ruining the game, pure greed. I'd leave it at that tbh, good luck to him. 3m quid and what sounds like a massive increase in salary and his agent is holding out for more? Good luck.

Looks like the Turnbull deal may still go ahead according to reports, which is great so long as it’s not dragged out. He should either sign or the deal should be declared dead by the next day or two.

Anyway we need a rb and a cb as a priority and we need quality in those areas.

Ntcham linked with a move to Marseille which is fine so long as we replace him properly and spend the money we get for him.

Would be worried if Edouard was to go this summer, we wouldn’t replace him easily. He has 3 years left on his deal so hopefully we will keep him till next summer at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

Lustig away to Gent.

A great servant who will be fondly remembered.

Sarajevo up first in the UCL . An Armenian crowd are they? As handy as we could have hoped for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Sarajevo are from Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Sarajevo are from Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Ya I got confused. Nothing handy about a trip to Armenia either. What date is the home tie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I think it's 9th/10th July with return leg the following week.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

So the Turnbull saga takes another twist with Norwich offering £3.25m for the player. Looks like that's that then.

Shame to have lost out, but if the reports are anything to go by, I'm not sure Celtic could have done anymore. There has to be a ceiling on what a young player who still has a lot to prove gets paid. Cringe-worthy tweets aside, the club have handled this well - can't complete with an agent pushing his client to play in the Premiership, and the money that goes with it.

Seems David Turnbull has had a last minute change of mind and it looks like he will be signing for us after all for 3.25m.

Looks like the Turnbull deal may still go ahead according to reports, which is great so long as it’s not dragged out. He should either sign or the deal should be declared dead by the next day or two.

Anyway we need a rb and a cb as a priority and we need quality in those areas

LOL looks like I got told the right thing after all. A lot of drama over a kid who might take a while to even get a chance of a game for Celtic. Anyway hopefully he’ll end being a good signing.

Still need those defenders

• Advertisement

Somebody somewhere has seen sense. Presumably the money on offer at Norwich was better than Celtic offered so I suspect he saw sense that he has better opportunities with Celtic at this stage of his development.

Fingers crossed he turns out to be a good buy assuming he signs, medical today I believe.

Lots of work to be done in the transfer market, although I'm looking forward to seeing Shved, and having Griffiths and Arzani back. Defence needs the most work at the moment so hopefully a couple of quality signings at CB and RB, and then holding on KT would be required.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement