Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Android Phone.

Options
  • 07-01-2020 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi,

As the title says I'm looking for a new phone and was wonder what was the best in the region of €200... I don't mind it being a little more but I don't want to pay €250 for a phone.

I currently have a HTC disire 825 I think.

Any info will be great, I'm not a tech head at all, I only picked up this because it was cheap and it's a really good phone.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Moto G7 Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Moto G7 Power.

thank you. I never heard of this phone and now I've read some reviews it sounds amazing..

I'll pick that up I think.

Thanks again so so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

galwayllm wrote: »
    thank you. I never heard of this phone and now I've read some reviews it sounds amazing..

I'll pick that up I think.

Thanks again so so much.

where are you going to buy this?

Similar to you, I'm looking for a phone and similar budget. Thanks in advance.

dennispenn wrote: »
    where are you going to buy this?

Similar to you, I'm looking for a phone and similar budget. Thanks in advance.

I bought the phone on Amazon and it was €176 on sale.

I have it right now as i write this message and I think the phone is brilliant.

Thanks again to the poster who put me into it, I'm over the moon with it.

Amazon has £40 off on sale now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Is there any retail stores within Dublin to buy this phone?

Any other recommendations for under 250 EURO?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Omega28 wrote: »
    Is there any retail stores within Dublin to buy this phone?

Any other recommendations for under 250 EURO?
    Super phone, save your cash. It's €170 in Argos.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8492964.htm

I have this phone the last 3/4 days, it really is a great phone and not just for the price, it's a great phone full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

I'd also consider the honor 10 lite. The Moto G7 power only has a single camera, a big ugly notch on the screen, no NFC and doesn't get many software updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Actually, gsmarena says the europe version does have nfc.

magoo84 wrote: »
    I'd also consider the honor 10 lite. The Moto G7 power only has a single camera, no NFC and doesn't get many software updates.

Where can I buy the Honor 10?

• Advertisement

Actually, gsmarena says the europe version does have nfc.

I bought one from Argos and my friend bought one from Amazon.co.uk and neither have NFC. Motorola are really weird about how they decide what phones have and haven't gotten it. I think the Moto G7 and G7 plus may have it though.

Omega28 wrote: »
    Where can I buy the Honor 10?

It's the Honor 10 lite, the Honor 10 is a different phone. I got mine on amazon for £149.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Moto G7 Power.

You've tempted me with that phone. My S7 is 3 years old so this looks like an ideal replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

You've tempted me with that phone. My S7 is 3 years old so this looks like an ideal replacement.

Sorry if high jacking thread. Argos have the phone but once package is opened, phone can't be returned. Is it still worth it unseen?

1 online review suggests that the G7 would be better, the only advantage in the G7 power is the battery life.

Or is my Samsung S7 worth holding onto? I can't decide!

Sorry if high jacking thread. Argos have the phone but once package is opened, phone can't be returned. Is it still worth it unseen?

1 online review suggests that the G7 would be better, the only advantage in the G7 power is the battery life.

Or is my Samsung S7 worth holding onto? I can't decide!

I am in the same position as yourself and even reserved the G7 Power in Argos but I decided to keep my S7 Edge until it dies because I feel there's not that much of a difference

Advertisement