Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy Hi8 video tapes?

Options
  • 08-04-2004 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭

I am paying around €8 to €10 for a 90 minute tape. It sounds like a lot. I would be interested in buying five at a time to save money. Does anyone know where to get them for a reasonable price.
    They are for a digital 8mm camcorder.
    Thanks, Neil.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I think thats the going rate here.

I got 3 Digital8 tapes for £11stg in Dixons in Heathrow (airside shop) last week. You're bound to know someone passing through there from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭iwb

Thanks Sarsfield. I think that is very expensive but if that is what they cost, there isn't much to do except grin and bear it.
    I will see if I can get someone to pick them up in Heathrow then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Or you could check this thread!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=152504

Dixons online does 5 Hi8 (60 minutes) for £14.99 with free delivery.

I'm sure you could find an even better online supplier if you look?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭iwb

I did have a go today but it is hard to narrow it down to a fairly local one. I found a place in the US which had 3 x 120 minute tapes for $6.95!!!!
    I will spend a bit more time tomorrow and Google again.
    Thanks, Neil.

Advertisement