Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting speed

Options
  • 23-08-2019 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Anyone with register365.com hosting experience?
    I'm testing new hosting with them and it's seems good. They give lot of space and Control Panel is real Admin Heaven compare to other Irish hostings I worked with. My only concern is SPEED especially when I operate big files with PHP scripts (site backup operation for example). Control Panel shows heavy consumption of processor and memory so it is not internet speed related (I got few 503 errors).

The problem is I can't test it with multiple random users load at the same time and I can't judge performance degradation level. I appreciate if someone with register365.com experience have any advise how it worked with advanced PHP and upload/download.

Please post me PM if not allowed hosting quality discussion on forum(?)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

There are many product offerings there, everything from shared hosting to dedicated servers. What kind of service are you considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Jim2007 wrote: »
    There are many product offerings there, everything from shared hosting to dedicated servers. What kind of service are you considering?

I'm on cheapest Starter hosting.
    From all options below I can see only Premium having significant hardware upgrade (twice more CPU, RAM and I/O).
    Does it can improve much going for WordPress (second option) wirth 1024RAM instead of 512?

As I said I have no real option to test website under multiple users load so I appreciate if anyone have any experience using PHP's CMS on register365.

365.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It's hard to answer as its a specific case and scenario you are talking about, I would just check with them if you can scale up from one to the next if you are experiencing issues. If you start to get 503's then its probably timed out so a bump up in RAM should help.

Advertisement