Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help for identifying wood

Options
  • 06-04-2021 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I recently bought a crate of paving slabs that were boxed in India. The wooden crate is red in colour and I was wondering if anyone can help ID the type of wood. Pic attached.
    Thanks in advance,
    Murray

Comments

No idea - It could be all sorts of things, imported or locally sourced where crated.

One thing that really struck me was just how odd it is to import paving slabs from India. Of all the environmentally unsound things to do, that has to be right up there on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dathi

its probably safeda a type of eucalyptus grown in India

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

JayZeus wrote: »
    No idea - It could be all sorts of things, imported or locally sourced where crated.

One thing that really struck me was just how odd it is to import paving slabs from India. Of all the environmentally unsound things to do, that has to be right up there on the list.
    eg 2
    granite quarried in India, sent to Brazil for cutting to size.
    Used in a thermal store wall in a Passiv House in Bavaria:eek:

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

dathi wrote: »
    its probably safeda a type of eucalyptus grown in India

If it is, then its fek all use for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

I do not know which species of timber this is But I am fairly sure it is treated with the fumigant Bromomethane aka Methyl Bromide as per ISPM-15 International Standards to kill the insects and pests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromomethane

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18575299/

• Advertisement
Advertisement