Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet top

Options
  • 22-03-2021 7:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Anyone any idea how to get this spring fitted inside top ? Seems obviously easy - no matter how many times I get it in - it pops off again after a short time -or any alternative
    Thanks
    Paddy

MOD: DIY thread is about e-liquid so have moved your picture to the thread you started

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

It looks like the button is supposed to be clipped to the white plastic shaft. The catch could be knackered. You could try locking it in place with adhesive (maybe epoxy resin) or get a new one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wirquin-M19368-Flushing-bp008-par-Circular/dp/B0075K8KIC/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=toilet+flush+button&qid=1616409685&sr=8-6

Stay Free

I’ve had 2 of those break in the first 12 months. They are about €4 in the local plumbing shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

I’ve had 2 of those break in the first 12 months. They are about €4 in the local plumbing shop

Thank you I’ll get a couple ! Just the top and spring is it - cheers

Thank you I’ll get a couple ! Just the top and spring is it - cheers

No, the whole assembly. It unscrews at the base

No, the whole assembly. It unscrews at the base

Oh really - just sent pic to Barrett’s pluming supplies - they say that button needs to be ordered and it’s 20 quid ??

• Advertisement

I paid under 19 for one of them, a radiator key and some other yoke that I can’t remember in PJ Matthews in Limerick last September (double checked the bank statement)

I paid under 19 for one of them, a radiator key and some other yoke that I can’t remember in PJ Matthews in Limerick last September (double checked the bank statement)

Ok seems that’s ok then , so - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RobbieMD

Ok seems that’s ok then , so - thanks

I’ve replaced a few of them in the house. They seem to break easily. They’re €20 in Chadwicks. Twyford Optima 49 or Siamp Optima 49. They’re a really poor design. They come with a sort of riser but if you omit that, and don’t over tighten when threading back on, they seem to last longer.

Advertisement