Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel builder?

Options
  • 20-01-2020 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

I had a search and all post are old, 5+ years

So where is a good place to get some race wheels built?
    I'll get the hubs and rims myself, then get them to source the rest as I know Jack about spoke length ect
    Thanks

Also feel free to recommend hubs and rims, I was thinking dt swiss 350s and rims form light bicycle 45mm front 65mm rear

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

where are you based? humphries in finglas do wheel building.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Robin Seymour in Expert Cycles, in Rathfarnham, builds good wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Lucasz at Apex Cycles, Kildare has built all my wheels for the last few years. He's regularly around Dublin doing pick ups/deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Plastik wrote: »
    Lucasz at Apex Cycles, Kildare has built all my wheels for the last few years. He's regularly around Dublin doing pick ups/deliveries.

+1 for Lucasz.
    Built a set or two for me and knows his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

koutoubia wrote: »
    +1 for Lucasz.
    Built a set or two for me and knows his stuff.

+2 for Lucasz - couldn’t be more helpful and really good wheelbuilder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭boardbeer

Ciaran in Bikeworx Celbridge builds all my wheels, ne'er a problem, quick and a good price. Currently lacing a Mavic open-pro onto an Alfine 8-speed for the commuter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Denis O'Shea in the big little bike shop in Killarney has built wheels for me, builds lots of road wheels , cx wheels and mtb as well, you can supply the parts or he will source them.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

Thanks for that lads

Maybe I can get an opinion too? If you were building wheels just for racing on which hubs would you go DT Swiss 240s (€360)or 350s(€160)? About €200 in the difference

Advertisement