Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulcahy Memorial

Options
  • 14-01-2020 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Can somebody please post the Mulcahy results where everyone can see them?

It's a disgrace that reports were only posted on Facebook which it is against my religion to join (especially since the Cambridge Analytica scandal).

The link on the ICU website to http://corkchess.com/mulcahy/ which is supposed to be the event website is actually to a page previewing the 2017 Mulcahy.

Shame on the Cork Chess Club! If they cannot keep their site reasonably up to date they should take it down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

RooksPawn wrote: »
    Can somebody please post the Mulcahy results where everyone can see them?

It's a disgrace that reports were only posted on Facebook which it is against my religion to join (especially since the Cambridge Analytica scandal).

The link on the ICU website to http://corkchess.com/mulcahy/ which is supposed to be the event website is actually to a page previewing the 2017 Mulcahy.

Shame on the Cork Chess Club! If they cannot keep their site reasonably up to date they should take it down.
    This is Cork you are talking about, just be thankful that they didn't use smoke signals or carrier pigeons to broadcast the results.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Rasb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DancingSpaniel

I played this event and thought Cork Chess did a great job of running it. Gorgeous city centre venue with a great atmosphere conducive to fighting chess. It is an Open, but anyone I spoke to felt they'd plenty of games against challenging opposition. Pat Twomey (the controller) introduced the tournament really nicely putting it in the context of the original Mulcahy Memorial event and the new series. He also made a point of starting every round, including the first, bang on time. Much appreciated! Nice to see Ireland's #1, Alex Lopez, playing in this event yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭RooksPawn

Rasb wrote: »

Thanks for the link! That is what should have been supplied on the ICU website instead of Facebook. Glad to hear it went well.

Advertisement