Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir - TOTAL SHAMBLES for support

Options
  • 30-05-2020 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

TOTAL SHAMBLES of a company for customer support/service.

Moved my grandparents over to Eir from Vodafone for the discounted broadband and home phone package. The annual ritual everyone has to do every year to get the new introductory rate. They are lucky enough to be on the rural fibre rollout so are getting decent speeds. The issue is I asked to have the old phone number ported over when moving, they confirmed in chat that it would be. But they didn't, they gave them a new number. My grandparents have had this number for longer than I've existed. Now I've been trying to contact anyone in Eir for 4 full days trying to get it sorted.

Every single avenue has been tried.

Calls result in being online for 30+ minutes to finally get to an agent and then once you give them details they put you on hold again, and then after another while the music stops and you're just left with an empty line. I waited as long again and still nothing, hang up and try again, same thing.

Twitter + DMs resulted in them asking me for the same details from different agents several times. The one who finally told me something told me to call the mobile bill pay line of all things! Not a ****ing clue.

Emailed customercare at eir mailbox 3 days ago and absolutely ****ing nothing in reply since.

For **** sake. I'm one more day of trying away from cancelling, which we're entitled to do as we're still within the 14 day cooling off period and going back to Vodafone and just paying the extra 20 a month. Anyone know how to cancel with the ****ers? Call them and get dropped as well? And I just hope we can get the number back from Vodafone.

My advice to anyone thinking of moving to Eir? Don't.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

There must be a senior manager (reporting directly to the CEO) in Eir who has responsibility for customer contact.

How come he/she has not been fired?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

The only way to gain any ground is follow https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/internet/how-to-make-a-complaint/ and https://www.eir.ie/complaints/ yes you have to contact Eir again but to make a complaint this time. Be sure to get a complaint reference number from them. If Eir don't act then you can contact comreg. Eir have 10 days to sort it out before comreg can step in and surprise, surprise, they usually do. I agree, Eir are a dose of the highest order.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Im in a similar boat OP.

They wont answer the phone or reply to webchat.

ComReg say they can chase me with a Debt Collection agency if I just cancel my direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

mathie wrote: »
    Im in a similar boat OP.

ComReg say they can chase me with a Debt Collection agency if I just cancel my direct debit.

Eir always do this and have been known to continue billing after the contract is properly cancelled so cancellation of direct debits is advised in all circumstances imo. They obviously make enough money from threatening debt collectors etc. that it pays to continue such tactics. Write them a letter in line with their cancellation procedure https://www.eir.ie/cancelling/ and just show this letter to any bill collectors from there on out is how I would go about it. Granted, you do have to get into the habit of putting Eir bills/notices straight into the bin as they arrive, sometimes continuing on for a year or two. Trying to deal with them rationally and sincerely is just asking for frustration and anxiety.

Just noticed they added the following to the above cancellations page.
    Please Note: All our contact centre staff are remote working as a result of COVID-19 measures. We are unable to facilitate any request to cease, or switch your service via letter until further notice.

There's now a termination request form in place of letter which is easier. So just fill it out, save a copy, submit and be done.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

When you deal with Eir, ComReg are nearly always needed!
    You'd nearly think Eir has a ComReg case number required in a check list under any customer enquiries

Avoid this lot like the current Beer Bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

TOTAL SHAMBLES of a company for customer support/service.

Moved my grandparents over to Eir from Vodafone for the discounted broadband and home phone package. The annual ritual everyone has to do every year to get the new introductory rate. They are lucky enough to be on the rural fibre rollout so are getting decent speeds. The issue is I asked to have the old phone number ported over when moving, they confirmed in chat that it would be. But they didn't, they gave them a new number. My grandparents have had this number for longer than I've existed. Now I've been trying to contact anyone in Eir for 4 full days trying to get it sorted.

Every single avenue has been tried.

Calls result in being online for 30+ minutes to finally get to an agent and then once you give them details they put you on hold again, and then after another while the music stops and you're just left with an empty line. I waited as long again and still nothing, hang up and try again, same thing.

Twitter + DMs resulted in them asking me for the same details from different agents several times. The one who finally told me something told me to call the mobile bill pay line of all things! Not a ****ing clue.

Emailed customercare at eir mailbox 3 days ago and absolutely ****ing nothing in reply since.

For **** sake. I'm one more day of trying away from cancelling, which we're entitled to do as we're still within the 14 day cooling off period and going back to Vodafone and just paying the extra 20 a month. Anyone know how to cancel with the ****ers? Call them and get dropped as well? And I just hope we can get the number back from Vodafone.

My advice to anyone thinking of moving to Eir? Don't.

Yes they're at that crap for years

Mr Meanor wrote: »
    When you deal with Eir, ComReg are nearly always needed!
    You'd nearly think Eir has a ComReg case number required in a check list under any customer enquiries

Avoid this lot like the current Beer Bug.

You said it, AVOID

Im in a similar boat OP.

Comreg must be toothless to let this go on forever

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mmc272

westyIrl wrote: »
    The only way to gain any ground is follow https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/internet/how-to-make-a-complaint/ and https://www.eir.ie/complaints/ yes you have to contact Eir again but to make a complaint this time. Be sure to get a complaint reference number from them. If Eir don't act then you can contact comreg. Eir have 10 days to sort it out before comreg can step in and surprise, surprise, they usually do. I agree, Eir are a dose of the highest order.

Jim

I am in a similar nightmare since switching 10 days ago, have spent 13 hours on hold over 2 days alone. I submitted an online complaint using their online form last Friday, as I can’t get through to customer care to place the complaint, got an automated email back with no reference number, no contact from them yet. do you think ComReg will take the 10 working days from when I submitted the complaint or from when Eir actually getting around to creating the case reference?

• Advertisement

mmc272 wrote: »
    I am in a similar nightmare since switching 10 days ago, have spent 13 hours on hold over 2 days alone. I submitted an online complaint using their online form last Friday, as I can’t get through to customer care to place the complaint, got an automated email back with no reference number, no contact from them yet. do you think ComReg will take the 10 working days from when I submitted the complaint or from when Eir actually getting around to creating the case reference?

They listen eventually to comreg- but you need to back everything up with screenshot evidence etc etc,names and times of anyone u speak to, times/ dates etc

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭TheAbstracter

For a telecommunications company they're really not making use of the ****ing medium at all. ****ing clowns. Still been trying all avenues to get resolved and made no progress whatsoever. Yeah they have a phone number you can ring but no one on the other ****ing end answering. But their sales department seems overpopulated. My parents contract with Vodafone was up this week and they had been thinking of doing the same as the grandparents, they had even started the process but didn't have the UAN at hand to complete it initially. They've gotten several callbacks to continue with the change. They've changed their minds after this situation.

westyIrl wrote: »

Jim
    Thanks filed a complaint back on Tuesday, not a peep since.
    Going to be cancelling tomorrow and just going back to Vodafone I think, again for anyone reading, don't even think for a moment of going with this crowd. Shambles isn't a strong enough word. Cluster**** might be closer to the mark.

Poulgorm wrote: »
    There must be a senior manager (reporting directly to the CEO) in Eir who has responsibility for customer contact.

How come he/she has not been fired?
    That's a great question, it must be costing them a lot of business as I guarantee no one in 3 generations of my family will ever darken their door again, easier to pay a few more euro elsewhere to not have to deal with this ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

I had ordered the gigabit broadband. They turned up today with no rods, hoist and left after 5 minutes saying they will return in a few weeks. After taking a day off work. I cancelled and signed up with Vodafone,.

ClonNGB wrote: »
    I had ordered the gigabit broadband. They turned up today with no rods, hoist and left after 5 minutes saying they will return in a few weeks. After taking a day off work. I cancelled and signed up with Vodafone,.

They just don't care, simples.
    Those in charge, on the ground and on the phones couldn't care a whit, VF are a different animal altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭KildareP

ClonNGB wrote: »

You will likely end up with the same field crew, sadly.

Matched with the same incompetent support, shambolic billing syatems and dysfunctional eacalations process.

The same beast just a different colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

thanks for that
    Do you get an email acknowledgement after submitting this form?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sean54

My advice is to keep away from Eir, they have no customer service. Got Broadband installed almost a month ago now and voice-over BB service not yet activated. Called customer care put on hold and then told me to log fault online.
    Logged fault three times and still no joy. It a total joke.

Jesus Christ, I thought this was sorted, they agreed to port the number on the day I was just about to cancel. Now the first bill has landed and they've charged 249.99 for a fibre broadband connection fee, even though the fibre connection had been done 2 years ago and paid for then. They're either total morons or just outright crooks.

Jesus Christ, I thought this was sorted, they agreed to port the number on the day I was just about to cancel. Now the first bill has landed and they've charged 249.99 for a fibre broadband connection fee, even though the fibre connection had been done 2 years ago and paid for then. They're either total morons or just outright crooks.

They're inept , gangsters,need to go to comreg,maybe small claims court,and highlight this shower of Neanderthals on social media,local radio etc, otherwise you'll be pissing in the wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    thanks for that
    Do you get an email acknowledgement after submitting this form?

After filling in that online cancellation form, I had a missed call and a voicemail from EIR over a week later saying they would try to contact me again in the near future. They didnt leave a number to get back to them on. I waited another few days hoping they would attempt to call me again but they didnt. (no missed calls at all as I had the phone glued to me in the hope they would call)

So I tried calling the regular customer care and after 45 minutes got through to someone. I explained that I had filled in the form and had a missed call from the cancellations team. The customer care rep she said she would get someone from the cancellations team to call me again. Another week passed and finally I received a call from the cancellations team and they processed the cancellation for me. But the 30 day notice period would only take effect after this particular phone call, not the date on which I filled in the online cancellation form. I tried to get my point across but was given 'the computer says no' response. At that stage I was out of energy and just accepted it..

Just really sharing this for anyone else who attempts to cancel using the online form.
    It also might be worth recording the details of any comms with Eir throughout the process incase you need to rely on them with Comreg at a later date.

Advertisement