Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Basis for a Gaming PC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

rpmcs wrote: »
    Cheers Homlander,

The kinda help i needed!

Have you knowledge or dealt with AWD-IT before?

Would it be needed/ worth while money on the 8core cpu?

Any good monitors that are better or worse?

Thanks

I can vouch for AWD-IT having bought my PC off them late 2019 due to advice received on here. The only small issue was that they were a bit slow off the mark with processing the order as they missed it initially but when I rang they were very apologetic and got it built and out to me pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

An update on my build....
    I bought these:
    GT 710 2GB GDDR5
    Aresze Bronze Semi Modular PSU
    8GB Ram DDR4 3200
    Ryzen 2600x
    MSI Vampiric Case
    B450m Ds3h Mobo
    I carefully put it all together and....it wouldn't boot up. Zero fan activity, no lights, nada.
    Following some advice I reseated the CPU and disconnected all non essential items from the psu.
    That was pretty much anything on the sata power connection. The sata cable plugged into the modular part of the psu. (There is an ssd, a 2tb hdd and the LED strip on the case is sata powered)
    So the PC started up and went right into the BIOS. I thought its was reseating the cpu that worked. I reconnected the 3 sata bits and the pc wouldn't boot again. I decided to try one by one. I left the LED strip connected and tried to power on. The bloody LED cable started smoking. I tried without the LED connected and nothing. I tried all the sata ports on the psu and the other sata cable that arrived and nothing. Seems like the sata side of the psu is faulty.
    So Im returning it and have bought this in the meantime : Aerocool PSU, its due to arrive Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I hate to tell you this but I had to return one of those.

KOLINK Enclave would be my recommendation. I think the innards of those Aerocool units have been changed since the positive reviews.

Seems amazon dont have them any more... Try:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/QUIET-System-Power-Supply-Unit/dp/B079K5YY31/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=bequiet+psu&qid=1596737176&s=computers&sr=1-1

I hate to tell you this but I had to return one of those.

KOLINK Enclave would be my recommendation. I think the innards of those Aerocool units have been changed since the positive reviews.

Nooooo! The affordable evga and corsair ones are out of stock, this was my best bet. Hopefully lightning doesn't strike twice!

Nooooo! The affordable evga and corsair ones are out of stock, this was my best bet. Hopefully lightning doesn't strike twice!

The BeQuiet one I linked is a very similar price no?

• Advertisement

The BeQuiet one I linked is a very similar price no?
    Ive bought the Aerocool already, its number 6 in amazon's top 10 psu chart and had loads of reviews. Ill see what Monday brings when I install it.
    Think my LED strip will be ok?

Ive bought the Aerocool already, its number 6 in amazon's top 10 psu chart and had loads of reviews. Ill see what Monday brings when I install it.

Dont be afraid to return it if your system is unstable.

No I reckon that's fecked :(

Bah.ill give it a whirl anyway

Bah.ill give it a whirl anyway

Check everything else works first.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

99% of Amazon reviewers haven't a clue about quality tbh.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    99% of Amazon reviewers haven't a clue about quality tbh.

and a good proportion of them say it's ****e :pac:

You can all rest easy.
    The new PSU works great. The LEDs on front of the case don't work,but I think I'll live with it. Don't think it's worth the hassle of returning it.
    Pc boots and into windows no problem. I might take a HDD out of an external daddy and pop it in alongside the SSD

You can all rest easy.
    The new PSU works great. The LEDs on front of the case don't work,but I think I'll live with it. Don't think it's worth the hassle of returning it.
    Pc boots and into windows no problem. I might take a HDD out of an external daddy and pop it in alongside the SSD

Go the polarity right on the header?

Go the polarity right on the header?

It's sata connection.

It's sata connection.

Thought you meant the power and hdd leds

Advertisement