Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom customer support, terrible!

Options
  • 22-07-2020 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello guys, Is eircom that terrible? 1 year ago we ordered eircom broadband, and the contract ended 2 weeks ago. The internet just stopped working by some reason, and none informed us that contract just ended. So we ordered eircom broadband again, and technician had to come yesterday, they didn't tell us what time around it should come, so I had to wait all day and wait for them, and guess what, technician didn't arrive, no messages, no call or anything. Eircom is only one choice in Monaghan, there is vodafone, but the speeds are terrible. Also we tried to call them before, and had to wait 1-2 hours for someone to answer.

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Spark1zz wrote: »
    Hello guys, Is eircom that terrible? 1 year ago we ordered eircom broadband, and the contract ended 2 weeks ago. The internet just stopped working by some reason, and none informed us that contract just ended. So we ordered eircom broadband again, and technician had to come yesterday, they didn't tell us what time around it should come, so I had to wait all day and wait for them, and guess what, technician didn't arrive, no messages, no call or anything. Eircom is only one choice in Monaghan, there is vodafone, but the speeds are terrible. Also we tried to call them before, and had to wait 1-2 hours for someone to answer.

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Hello

Firstly Eir or Vodafone are not the only providers for broadband. They(Eir) provide the line that goes into your home. However you can choose any provider you want. Enter your address/eircode in the link below to check.

https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-tv-broadband-phone/

Also there is the option of mobile or fixed wireless. Imagine and Digiweb are 2 examples for fixed wireless (there may well be other wireless companies where you live) Check the map in the link below.

https://irelandoffline.org/newmap/#/home

https://www.imagine.ie
    https://digiweb.ie/metro-broadband/

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

As stated above you will have other options. If Eir can provide you with broadband then other providers such as Vodafone, Sky, Pure Telecom etc can do the same. They all use the same infrastructure.

How do you know Vodafone have bad speeds?

When you opt into a new contract you have a 14 day cooling off period which kicks in when your broadband becomes active so it's not too late yet to consider another provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

As Eir provide the line, you're sort of at their mercy.

I use Eir. They're €53 a month and by far not the cheapest but it works and I need internet for home. If I moved to Vodafone and had problems with the speed they'd no doubt blame Eir and Eir would blame Vodafone.

My experience.. getting the line installed is a disaster if you're not at home during the day. Their customer support would give a time that the installer would be there but they wouldn't arrive, but then they'd phone at random times to say they were in the area if I'd like it installed!

That being said, I got my house rewired among other construction work and when I moved back in the internet wasn't working. Eir sent a technician who tested the line into the house and saw it was fine. He noticed my electrician had replaced the phone facia in my living with something that wasn't compatible (I won't go into the details). He replaced it with the old one and it still didn't work. Then he replaced it with a new one.. and it still wasn't working. He looked at the cable and noticed it had corrosion and replaced it - it was completely my fault as this was stored in a damp and dusty area while the construction was going on.. they didn't change for any of the work.

So.. make of that what you will. I find ringing their helpdesk can be frustrating -at least last year when they were moving between Ireland and India/Egypt/wherever. Installations for new customers can be hit and miss - the contractor they use simply doesn't want messy jobs. But if you do get a technician out they're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Spark1zz

I know it sounds weird, but vodafone was much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Spark1zz

Eircom failed to arrive again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement