Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smart TV app Downloads

Options
  • 29-10-2016 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I have just purchased an Hitachi 43HB6T72U Smart TV and I'm just wondering if it's possible to download additional apps onto it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Don't know but our TV is LG and there are pre installed apps but can't see where its possible to download additional apps

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Spockles wrote: »
    Hi
    I have just purchased an Hitachi 43HB6T72U Smart TV and I'm just wondering if it's possible to download additional apps onto it?

Hitachi uses Smartvue operating system which means it's not possible to add additional apps to it as far as I know.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Don't know but our TV is LG and there are pre installed apps but can't see where its possible to download additional apps

LG uses webos operating system which is open source so means you can add apps to it.
    Have a look at this and see if it helps :
    http://eguide.lgappstv.com/manual/gb/12010.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

aido79 wrote:
    LG uses webos operating system which is open source so means you can add apps to it. Have a look at this and see if it helps :

Cool thanks for that . just found the apps menu . I see Plex there must register with LG first though .

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Can you side load/add apps onto a Samsung Smart TV?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

If its operating system is android, I don't see why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

No, it uses a Samsung OS called Tizen.

Advertisement