Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat Cheese Issues

Options
  • 20-06-2011 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone had any issues with FatCheese.ie? The premise seems great, just log into their site and click on the link to a list of online retailers, and you'll get discounts and / or cashback from your purchases.

I've used the site to buy stuff online 3 times and twice I've had to submit claims. I'm still waiting on the first claim almost 17 weeks at this stage. It's a site that I'd like to use more if it was reliable, but I've submitted a second ticket asking what the story with the 17 week delay is, and still haven't got a reply and that was 3 weeks ago. I kinda get the feeling they wish I'd just go away at this stage but it's not going to happen!

Has anyone else ever had problems using them, and did they get the issue resolved eventually?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I've had one payment. I've one pending, one hasn't tracked yet and I had to claim for another.

I didn't get any news on the claim (2months) until I tweeted about it and suddenly answers were posted - fairly generic and useless but it was something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just got the payment I was waiting 17 weeks for. I wonder was it a coincidence that it happened a few days after I posted in here. Anyway, hopefully I won't be waiting another 17 weeks for the other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I wonder was it a coincidence that it happened a few days after I posted in here.

Yes. They don't know who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

I bought nearly €200 worth of stuff from a wear on Tuesday and I was looking forward to seeing it appear on my fat cheese account as I 100 percent used the link from fat cheese to purchase the items. I received the items today.

It isn't showing in my statement and I contacted them Tuesday about it and I've had no reply.

Also, there's things that I bought in March that said I would receive payment in July... it's still pending.

Am I missing something here?!

Cheers :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hyungsup

I should have about 80euro worth of fees still waiting to be confirmed!!!
    If your order doesn't get acknowledged within 1day, cancel the order and do it again!
    I don't think there's anyone to help you to get it working.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I only joined at the beginning of summer but got about €25 back through paypal. Currently i'm waiting on about €80 to go through, it says pending and most have dates of oct/nov so it should go through soon. I had no problems until recently, I placed an order for €65 on mandmdirect.ie that didn't show up my account so I submitted a claim last week. I also booked a hotel through bookings.com on tuesday and that hasn't showed up in my account either so i'll have to wait 7 days to submit a claim for that. A bit of a pain and I think its only 4% back on booking but every little helps!
    When I claimed my €25 I picked paypal and it went into my account almost straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

im waiting 3 months today for a claim to even be replied to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

suntottie wrote: »
    I bought nearly €200 worth of stuff from a wear on Tuesday and I was looking forward to seeing it appear on my fat cheese account as I 100 percent used the link from fat cheese to purchase the items. I received the items today.

It isn't showing in my statement and I contacted them Tuesday about it and I've had no reply.

Also, there's things that I bought in March that said I would receive payment in July... it's still pending.

Am I missing something here?!

Cheers :confused:
    im begining to wonder is t awear, cause i had the same problem. ive received cash back on a few things but that one was the first one and still no sign

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pago48

booboo88 wrote: »
    I have 3 claims unanswered after over 2 months. I have a cashamount pending which was supposed to be awarded in september. I've heard nothing from fatcheese. I'm beginning to think this was too good to be true. Useles communication channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

dee. wrote: »
    I only joined at the beginning of summer but got about €25 back through paypal. Currently i'm waiting on about €80 to go through, it says pending and most have dates of oct/nov so it should go through soon. I had no problems until recently, I placed an order for €65 on mandmdirect.ie that didn't show up my account so I submitted a claim last week. I also booked a hotel through bookings.com on tuesday and that hasn't showed up in my account either so i'll have to wait 7 days to submit a claim for that. A bit of a pain and I think its only 4% back on booking but every little helps!
    When I claimed my €25 I picked paypal and it went into my account almost straight away.

FYI - hotels.com tracks more or less straight away ( a couple of hours) and gives a discount of 10%. Payment is after your stay according to the site. I have yet to travel over but I can report back as to how quickly I received payment after I do.

On a general note, is it worth while starting a sticky or something that reports which suppliers track automatically and quickly and which ones give the most problems (i.e. where you have to contact FatCheese) ? By the way, I have a few different suggestions / claims in with them too and have heard nothing back... my suspicion is that they're very lightly staffed...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

caster wrote: »
    FYI - hotels.com tracks more or less straight away ( a couple of hours) and gives a discount of 10%. Payment is after your stay according to the site. I have yet to travel over but I can report back as to how quickly I received payment after I do.

On a general note, is it worth while starting a sticky or something that reports which suppliers track automatically and quickly and which ones give the most problems (i.e. where you have to contact FatCheese) ? By the way, I have a few different suggestions / claims in with them too and have heard nothing back... my suspicion is that they're very lightly staffed...:confused:

Unfortunately hotels.com didn't have the one I wanted to book! Will definitely be using it for the future though as I stay in hotels quite often.

I'm still waiting on cashback from newlook and ASOS that was estimated for last month. Hoping it comes through before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

booboo88 wrote: »

Me too. Its a great site until you have a problem. Got over €200 from them so far, but a couple of things never tracked and no response from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I only used it once, that's still pending for months.

Considering the delays, assuming it ever comes though and I'm unconvinced it will at the moment. I don't intend using fatcheese any more. If you have to check it months later, its pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'm waiting for some payments from Fat Cheese also. They aren't worth much anyway so I'm not really fussed about them.

I have gotten payments for purchases made on Cheap Smells, Fragrance Direct, Dominos, HQ Hair and 101cd, all were paid before the estimated date.

My purchases from ASOS have still not been paid yet, some were due to be paid in Sept and Oct.

In my experience with ASOS though, they sent me a wrong item last year and it cost €18 to return to them, they said they'd send me a cheque for the refund after I scanned and emailed them the postage receipt, they then asked me to post them the receipts, which I did, via registered post, over a year later and I still haven't received any cheque from them.

Earlier this year they sent me a damaged item so I had to return it, it cost around €10 to return, they said they'd send a cheque for the return postage, the last email from them in the summer they said a cheque had been posted to me, I didn't receive it and emailed them to tell them, got no response.

So that's €28 they owe me that I'll never see again. I sent everything registered post so I know that they received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭kilco

I have 3 claims outstanding the first in September and no reply to either claims or tickets. Two of the claims are New Look. Hae emailed and phoned also but no answer to any of them. Has anyone had a resolution to this problem I thought they had some sort of guarantee that even if the retailer rejects it once it's a legiimate order and you've used the link they pay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Cyclonius

I've had a claim in since the 5th of November for a purchase (an android phone from 3) I made in mid August that didn't track. About a month or two ago the claim status was finally changed to "Investigating", but there hasn't been any update since. I can't say I'm too impressed with the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

I found taking it up with the retailer directly works very effectively. Firstly the retailer is motivated to chase Fatcheese in case they're just pocketing some of the cashbacks which the retailer has paid (FC) for and secondly Fatcheese are motivated to show that they're not ignoring the retailer's customers.

If you're owed money by Fatcheese don't let it go because it's a small amount (They're all small amounts). Chase them incessantly by phone, email, ticket, claim, and through the retailer - because otherwise they'll try it on again with you and others.

since I posted I put a comment on their facebook site and then they emailed me back that day to say they are hoping to hear from retailer shortly, not much help to me but maybe try the facebook way

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Is your comment still on their facebook page? I've heard that if you post fb comments about payment delays, they reply to you by ticket but remove the fb comment and ban you from making any more fb comments.

I've just looked and I can't find my comment but there are other ones on it and also a thing about new years resolutions to get claims resolved in under 8 weeks:confused: I'm waiting nearly five months!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

i stopped using fatcheese.
    when they came out first i found them great, but now its so much hassle to get stuff tracked..
    just not worth the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

BostonB wrote: »
    I don't intend using fatcheese any more. If you have to check it months later, its pointless.

Totally agree... i wont be using them again either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

For anyone reading this thread, be warned, I wouldn't go near fat cheese after the way they have avoided paying out on my sky sub. What a waste of time. Waiting over ten months at this stage, waiting months for replies from just one ticket. A joke of a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

GaryCocs wrote: »
    For anyone reading this thread, be warned, I wouldn't go near fat cheese after the way they have avoided paying out on my sky sub. What a waste of time. Waiting over ten months at this stage, waiting months for replies from just one ticket. A joke of a service.

they paid out for my sky even though we cancelled it!

Ive gotten at least 250 euro from them so amnt gonna grumble about a few quid here and there to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

I opened a 'ticket' on their site to change my paypal address a month ago and they never bothered.

Paypal payment 'neding' for a month too.

Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Still no reply to my ticket and no paypal payment.

Have they gone under?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

mathie wrote: »
    Still no reply to my ticket and no paypal payment.

Have they gone under?

I was thinking the same thing.
    Checked my account for the first time in about a month and no movement on any of my open claims.
    Nor did they respond to any of my latest requests for updates.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I had a claim open since Sept 2011, when i logged on last week I seen they resolve the claim and transaction added to my Summary list, was for over €50 claim so happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭lir6777

Anyone notice the 'problem with Paypal'? My payments are still pending (actual payments to Paypal that is) due to some error- they're offering that I can withdraw by bank transfer instead but not keen on giving them my bank details and it would probably take forever anyway!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

lir6777 wrote: »
    Anyone notice the 'problem with Paypal'? My payments are still pending (actual payments to Paypal that is) due to some error- they're offering that I can withdraw by bank transfer instead but not keen on giving them my bank details and it would probably take forever anyway!!:mad:

I got 3 or 4 payments from them to my bank account and never had any problem, it only takes about 3 days to reach the bank.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement