Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When the bass drops

Options
  • 30-11-2019 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

At the end of my tether here, looking for any advice or people’s previous experiences in a similar situation. I’m in a terraced house which I own. One one side there’s an family of four, also homeowners, who I rarely hear a peep from and get on well with, and on the other side a homeowner family of four (kids are under 7) where the parents are fond of loud parties and subwoofers. I have already asked them on previous party nights to turn down the music but this has never gone down well with them and relations are unfortunately now non-existent. They now appear to have bought a fairly powerful subwoofer that pumps out bass which comes directly through my wall and is causing me immense stress, tension, and is severely impacting the quiet enjoyment of my property that I am supposedly entitled to. I am going to FLAC this week for advice and will be contacting the local council too. They have neighbours on the other side who I’m going to have a word with and see if they are affected as much as me, but I don’t think so as the layout of their house is different to mine. I don’t want to revert to pumping up the bass on my side as ‘a taste of their own medicine’ and see if that works but as this stage I’m fairly desperate and the only other options appear to be 1) move (can’t afford to) 2) invest in expensive soundproofing that may or may not work 3) quickly go insane

I would sincerely appreciate anyone else’s POV on this. I realise noisy neighbour threads are ten-a-penny but I also rent out a room in my house and my renter has told me they will move out if this isn’t solved in some way as they can’t sleep and find the sound as intrusive as I do. Thanks for reading if you made it this far!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

KathleenF wrote: »
    as they can’t sleep and find the sound as intrusive as I do
    What are the days & times that they do they play noise at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

keep a written record of everything, take a case against them in court, look up noise complaints, try get the people on the other side to join in, unlikely they cannot hear the bass due to the layout, they might not know you are bothered too.
    In my experience, people dont want to get involved generally, but Id be astonished they are not affected,

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

the_syco wrote: »
    What are the days & times that they do they play noise at?

Weekends mainly, could start at 10pm and go on until 6am. Happens midweek too

1874 wrote: »
    keep a written record of everything, take a case against them in court, look up noise complaints, try get the people on the other side to join in, unlikely they cannot hear the bass due to the layout, they might not know you are bothered too.
    In my experience, people dont want to get involved generally, but Id be astonished they are not affected,

Cheers, have been keeping a record and looks like it’ll be heading to court alright. Too stressful to keep going the way it is. Whether other neighbour wants to get involved or not I can’t stick it any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

4 kids under 7 and they are having parties most weekends from 10pm til 6am?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

KathleenF wrote: »
    Weekends mainly, could start at 10pm and go on until 6am. Happens midweek too
    Have a look at https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/environmental_protection/noise_regulations.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Brego888 wrote: »

If true, then report to Tusla.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ohlordy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Homer

Buy an ever bigger subwoofer and (presumably when they go to bed at 7am because they have no jobs) as you head out the door to work place it against the party wall and see how they like it. Ignorant cnuts need a taste of their own medicine. Only way to deal with them.

Brego888 wrote: »

2 kids under 7, and yes. Sometimes kids are there, sometimes not, they are sent to relatives so Ma & Da can get locked with their mates.

• Advertisement

ohlordy wrote: »

Never thought of that, brilliant, cheers.

Homer wrote: »
    Buy an ever bigger subwoofer and (presumably when they go to bed at 7am because they have no jobs) as you head out the door to work place it against the party wall and see how they like it. Ignorant cnuts need a taste of their own medicine. Only way to deal with them.

Sorely bloody tempted tbh, haven’t ruled it out! Want to exhaust other avenues first, but more than happy to go down that road if other methods don’t work. Am just thinking of their kids, which is more than they do tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

If true, then report to Tusla.

They are the last crowd you would want after you.
    Imagine having a family and family life wasnt the most important thing to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If it goes on until 6 am wait until an hour afterwards so they have settled down to bed, then put your music up full, after a while they will get the message.

Advertisement