Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail daily commute to Dun Laoghaire from Laois/Kildare

Options
  • 13-02-2018 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering does anyone do a daily Irish Rail commute to Dun Laoghaire from Laois/Kildare area?

I was thinking train into Heuston, then Luas to Abbey St, then Dart from Tara St.

IF I was to do it...it would be coming up from Ballybrophy (yes...I need my head examined).

Is there a bus from Heuston to DL?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

You can get the 46A at phoenix park across from Hueston which goes to DL.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Luas to Connolly (Busaras stop) and Dart from there to DL

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭BowSideChamp

Get one of the private coaches that goes to UCD and then a bus to Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

I'm doing Clondalkin to Ballsbridge, handly enough with the Park Tunnel

Picked Portlaoise as an example in the attached file

If you don't want to leave train stations. The timing might work that you can change to the Grand Canal Train that goes under the phoenix park tunnel at Parkwest, then change to the dart at grand canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Change at Pearse to avoid having to cross the bridge at Grand Canal on the morning leg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Longford/enfield/kilcock/ maynooth line has some trains that go direct to dun laoghaire. Or train to Connolly and get dart from there if it's a regular commuter time.

Newbridge line connects similarly too.

Depends where you are coming from - laois kildare area quite broad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Longford/enfield/kilcock/ maynooth line has some trains that go direct to dun laoghaire. Or train to Connolly and get dart from there if it's a regular commuter time.

Newbridge line connects similarly too.

Depends where you are coming from - laois kildare area quite broad!

Thanks - my first post mentions Ballybrophy :P but driving into Portlaoise and catching train would be an option also.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kc56

laoisfan wrote: »
    Thanks - my first post mentions Ballybrophy :P but driving into Portlaoise and catching train would be an option also.

If using the Phoenix park tunnel, change at Hazelhatch rather than Parkwest; that way you'll get a seat. And Pearse rather than Grand Canal Dock; Pearse has validators at platform level if you're switching from point-to-point to Leap allowing a quick change and it's the same platform. Both changes are no more than a few minutes.

Advertisement