Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knauf-pro-roll-max-ready-mixed-plaster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

How big an area , are you going to try yourself ? I’ve used this for patching successfully and blending in replacement plaster board of about 4ftx4ft , unlike plaster it sands well when hard. Anything bigger then above would be a challenge. .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Bigus wrote: »
    How big an area , are you going to try yourself ? I’ve used this for patching successfully and blending in replacement plaster board of about 4ftx4ft , unlike plaster it sands well when hard. Anything bigger then above would be a challenge. .

Thanks, yes am thinking about giving it a shot

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I don't think it will handle your fixings well tbh. May just need plaster.

I keep recommending the spray stuff for sticking up boards it's cheap and leaves the surface smooth only for joins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I agree, I plan to put scrim like mesh over the entire surface first.
    I used a Knauf cement based render with the accompanying mesh about 10 years ago and it worked out very well, can't find it now.

i got it from a place, i thought was Aquapanel in Greenhills in Dublin but does not show up on the www

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement