Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Max 2 - 5300Mah, 6.4"Phablet - 199 eur delivered

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Thargor wrote: »
    When buying a phone on Aliexpress, and its been this way for years across multiple sellers, if you choose free shipping the phone takes ~30-40 days to arrive on the slow boat from China and theres a chance customs will seize it and demand their slice before they release it, usually around 10%? I dont know as Ive never been caught.

Or you can pick the DHL delivery option, which is usually around €30 like I paid for the Mi Max 3, this cuts delivery time to a week or two, maybe even 3/4/5 days, plus no customs on delivery. I dont know how it works exactly but its been this way for years. You mention €15 DHL handling so not sure whats going on there. A lot of sellers offer to refund customs if caught so maybe worth a complaint/dispute?

By the way everyone who ordered the 6GB/128GB version of the Mi Max 3 from the Mi Global Store has been told they have to wait 2 weeks before it ships regardless if they paid DHL or not, holdup at the factory and high demand apparently :mad:

I got DHL delivery for €7 so wasn't bad at that price. I presume there is always a chance of customs. Is there less of a chance when using the AliExpress standard shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

AS1890 wrote: »
    I got DHL delivery for €7 so wasn't bad at that price. I presume there is always a chance of customs. Is there less of a chance when using the AliExpress standard shipping?
    Id be suspicious of a €7 DHL delivery tbh, its usually in the €30 range. Do oyu have a link to the exact product you bought or a DHL tracking number? If it is DHL you're probably good, standard delivery is pot luck whether it will be hit by customs or not, dont think anyone ever figured out a pattern for it. Although that €7 DHL price might mean it was sent from within the EU in which case no customs anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

The 4GB 64GB in black is 239 from eglobal(no chance of customs) at the moment, really close to buying, can't find any decent pricing for the 6GB/128GB..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

I just shattered the screen on mine, Anybody replace a screen or is it worth it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

restive wrote:
    I just shattered the screen on mine, Anybody replace a screen or is it worth it?

They're around 30 euro for the LCD and digitizer unit on eBay, definitely buy the complete unit if you're doing it yourself. It's a pretty straight forward fix if you watch the tutorials on YouTube. Not sure how much a mobile phone repair service would cost.. I'm guessing 60euro which might make it better to replace the phone. Worth checking anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭N.96

Long shot here...

Any chance there's someone on here living in Cork who has one of these that is currently not needed/ being used?

I have the Mi Max 2 myself for over 2 years but I thought with the big screen it would be a good option for my Grandparents during lockdown so that they can video call us. I'd love to upgrade myself and just give them mine (I have my eye on a newer Xiaomi) but unfortunately the bank balance says nay.

If anyone has one then i'd love to hear from you! Would also consider Mi Max 1/ Mi Max 3/ other reliable large screen phone!

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement