Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Liverpool

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Your an asshole

You're*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yep an Inter fan, but that corruption was beyond anything Juve have ever pulled in Italy. I've always hated Man U fans and today just tipped me over the edge, stand by what I said.

lol, try watching what happened to Watford yesterday. Anyway enjoy your ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Yep an Inter fan, but that corruption was beyond anything Juve have ever pulled in Italy. I've always hated Man U fans and today just tipped me over the edge, stand by what I said.

Those tears running down your face must be awful salty.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

This is it wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with those saying United deserved it. Probably not by much but I couldn't argue with a United win after watching that. They looked far more threatening for the most part. I thought Liverpool were awful once they crossed into United's half.

Liverpool fans should be delighted with the point considering how that game went. Still unbeaten and 6 in front with one of their toughest matches out of the way.

United might be shyte most of the time but there was always a chance they'd step it up against Liverpool, and they did.

What game did you watch, they created nothing. This narrative always comes out when the mid table team puts it up against top of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

martyos121 wrote: »
    Was just about to point out he’s never posted in our thread AFAIK.

A disgusting and juvenile comment that no actual Liverpool fan would want to be associated with.

How that CL night in here is easily forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

The match.

Great argument.

"We deserved to win the game because we did"

"Here's all the stats showing Liverpool attacked more than United whilst having 68% possession. Their goal also wasn't controversial unlike United"

"Durr we won based on the match"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

VAR is becoming a huge problem.

I dont if the referee's are so arrogant to think they cant get anything wrong but why they refuse to go look at the screen like in other leagues is meaning VAR is only really working mostly for Offsides.

Atkinson just gave everything to Man Utd today & I wasnt surprised. He has done that before against Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

magma69 wrote: »
    Great argument.

"We deserved to win the game because we did"

"Here's all the stats showing Liverpool attacked more than United whilst having 68% possession. Their goal also wasn't controversial unlike United"

"Durr we won based on the match"

2 shots on target and 39% possession is deserving of a win these days supposedly...Says a lot.

For the record, thought a draw was very fair to both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

“The narrative”

“Everyone is always against us”

Good lord lads. Ye were **** today, at least have the humility to recognise that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

adox wrote: »
    How that CL night in here is easily forgotten.

You mean this one?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

biggest shock of the day is Liverpool and Utd fans not derailing the thread but an Inter fan.
    the way the match panned out is probably a disappointment for everyone and none of us can be unhappy with a point, except me I'm unhappy :)

i may have spoke to soon

gimli2112 wrote: »

i may have spoke to soon

Yup. I expect the same action to be taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

MD1990 wrote: »
    VAR is becoming a huge problem.

I dont if the referee's are so arrogant to think they cant get anything wrong but why they refuse to go look at the screen like in other leagues is meaning VAR is only really working mostly for Offsides.

Atkinson just gave everything to Man Utd today & I wasnt surprised. He has done that before against Liverpool.

Yup I only wish they had done this when Mane's dive won a late penalty a few weeks back,I remember the uproar in the pool thread likening was only yesterday when VAR didnt overturn a blatantly poor decision

gimli2112 wrote: »
    biggest shock of the day is Liverpool and Utd fans not derailing the thread but an Inter fan.
    the way the match panned out is probably a disappointment for everyone and none of us can be unhappy with a point, except me I'm unhappy :)

i may have spoke to soon

You didn’t speak too soon gimli, if a United fan wants to imply that I made or condoned any “disgusting and juvenile comments” as I put it on that night in Kiev, I’ll rightly not stand for it.

It’s no wonder there’s so much shît between the two sets of fans in here when everyone is permanently tarred with the same brush if one side does something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

pablo128 wrote: »
    Those tears running down your face must be awful salty.:pac:

Probably not as Salty as United fans are feeling right now that they were robbed of their highlight of the season by Adam ****ing Lallana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Don't care if I'm banned for saying this but Liverpool were robbed by the officials today and all Man Utd fans are horrible ***** who deserve to die!

Mod: Well, yeah.

Don't be sitting on the fence now, tell us how you really feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Probably not as Salty as United fans are feeling right now that they were robbed of their highlight of the season by Adam ****ing Lallana.

Thought we played well, hopefully utd bring the same performance next week. No saltiness here, was a fair result tbf. Utd had the first half, ye had the second. Like i said, from an utd point of view, bring the same performance next week but a better second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

If United are blaming Ole for the draw yous have to ask yourself would you have taken it pre game.

I thought United played well albeit Liverpool very poor. Liverpool late goal strikes again and their record continues.

From both perspective a good point. Liverpool playing so bad but getting a point a sign of title contenders.

United stepped up and if Ole can drag that motivation from the players against other side's they should comfortable get Top 6.

Young is getting a slating but thought he played well aside from the goal they conceded.

As usual talking sense in the middle of all the madness that goes on here

How were we robbed? It was our own fault. We went asleep. No arguments from me.

Did you's call boardies paedos and cnts then as well? Jaysus lads

Are you accusing me of that? Read my previous post, and either accuse me of it or don’t. No idea why I’m taking such shît for something another Liverpool poster said over a year ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Are you accusing me of that? Read my previous post, and either accuse me of it or don’t. No idea why I’m taking such shît for something another Liverpool poster said over a year ago.

Not accusing anybody of anything. Just clearing up what the other poster was referring to.

But you already knew that and just wanted to throw up the GIF of Henderson lifting the trophy. To try 1 up that person.

The same Henderson that Pool fans were slating all game saying he's useless. Amazing if anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Would have been a draw either way but this weekend has shown VAR is more of a problem then a solution

Are you accusing me of that? Read my previous post, and either accuse me of it or don’t. No idea why I’m taking such shfor something another Liverpool poster said over a year ago.

Then why you throwing up that gif in this thread like an absolute 2 year old clown?

Not accusing anybody of anything. Just clearing up what the other poster was referring to.

But you already knew that and just wanted to throw up the GIF of Henderson lifting the trophy. To try 1 up that person.

The same Henderson that Pool fans were slating all game saying he's useless. Amazing if anything.

Fantastic trophy lift tbf!

VAR on the whole is great but just needs consistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I seen mentioned before with var, they should do like they do with the rugby, where you can hear the ref and var room people talk about the situation.
    Think its a brilliant idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

weird performance from the greatest team to have ever played any team sport in the entire history of all sport.

Liverpool just didn't turn up (against the worst united team in living memory)

If you’re not, then kindly amend your post and we’ll forget all about it, because it reads an awful lot like you are.

Yes, I responded with a quip. Given the nature of the post I quoted, it was the least it warranted tbh. I didn’t wrongly accuse anyone of abusing other posters, for example.

Moving on from this little exchange now, no good will come from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭This is it

s8n wrote: »
    weird performance from the greatest team to have ever played any team sport in the entire history of all sport.

Liverpool just didn't turn up (against the worst united team in living memory)

Did you bang your head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,231 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Only one team looked like Premier League Champions out there today.

Sorry but neither team looked like Premier League Champions out there today.

• Advertisement

A serious question, where are is this United going?

If you’re not, then kindly amend your post and we’ll forget all about it, because it reads an awful lot like you are.

Yes, I responded with a quip. Given the nature of the post I quoted, it was the least it warranted tbh. I didn’t wrongly accuse anyone of abusing other posters, for example.

Moving on from this little exchange now, no good will come from it.

Will happily move on. The you's is referred to Liverpool fans at the time. Not specifically to you. Nor did I wrongly accuse anyone of anything.

I merely asked did Liverpool fans do the same that year :)

Edit: If you wish to take it to PM will gladly do so. Don't want to derail the thread further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

s8n wrote: »

It wasn't funny the first two times and I don't think it's improved on its third outing in the last hour.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It wasn't funny the first two times and I don't think it's improved on its third outing in the last hour.

Persistency is key. Say it enough and it's bound to make someone laugh.

Maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭This is it

A serious question, where are In United going?.

A serious question, how many pints have you had?

Maybe...

He's trying so hard too :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Maybe...

At the end of the day it’s only the number of thanks accumulated that counts.

That’s statistics for you.

:pac:

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    At the end of the day it’s only the number of thanks accumulated that counts.

That’s statistics for you.

Shots on Target
    Net Spend
    Possession
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

I'm just glad the game is over with. Dread games against Utd and find them tough to watch.

Thought we deserved the point in the end but nothing more. Found it really tough in the final third to create dangerous moments due to how well Utd set up and played in defence. They got tight to our main ball players and didn't give us space to play. Our passing wasn't quite good enough to play around the tight marking. Nullified our fullbacks for the majority of the game. The Utd players put in a shift as expected.

As for VAR I think a pattern is beginning to show. It appears that atleast for the Premier League VAR will only overrule the ref for an offside or a handball. VAR doesn't seem to overrule the ref for fouls. There was slight contact by Lindelof on Origi which is usually blown for a foul but I never expected VAR to overrule the goal based on what I have seen in previous games where VAR did not change the ref's decision for more obvious fouls. I think the VAR decisions today were consistent with how I have seen it implemented so far, though I don't agree with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Was always going to be a tough game for Liverpool regardless of the gulf in class.
    It was manu`s world cup final so to speak and they worked very hard to put in the shift they did,they really frustrated Liverpool but in the end Liverpool bossed the final quarter and got their just reward, 1-1 fair result on the day.
    Ox was excellent when he came on, delighted for Lallana to get the equalizer.
    Salah was a big loss today, his stats are through the roof this season, the clueless point only to his goals only but he has evolved to a more complete package the last 12 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I'm just glad the game is over with. Dread games against Utd and find them tough to watch.

Thought we deserved the point in the end but nothing more. Found it really tough in the final third to create dangerous moments due to how well Utd set up and played in defence. They got tight to our main ball players and didn't give us space to play. Our passing wasn't quite good enough to play around the tight marking. Nullified our fullbacks for the majority of the game. The Utd players put in a shift as expected.

As for VAR I think a pattern is beginning to show. It appears that atleast for the Premier League VAR will only overrule the ref for an offside or a handball. VAR doesn't seem to overrule the ref for fouls. There was slight contact by Lindelof on Origi which is usually blown for a foul but I never expected VAR to overrule the goal based on what I have seen in previous games where VAR did not change the ref's decision for more obvious fouls. I think the VAR decisions today were consistent with how I have seen it implemented so far, though I don't agree with it.

Accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

A serious question, where are In United going?.

Have you ever heard of an app called grammarly? I have it on VERY good authority that it has remarkable results in a very short period of time. Worth investigating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭ebbsy

That point could keep Utd up.

ebbsy wrote: »
    That point could keep Utd up.

The 2 points dropped could cost Liverpool the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,486 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

MD1990 wrote: »

Totally ridiculous to be accusing a professional referee of bias like that.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    The 2 points dropped could cost Liverpool the league.

Again.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sitting back against Liverpool never works, there seems to be this misconception we struggle to break down sides that sit deep. The full backs are too good to be left cross the ball freely as no matter how poor they have played soon or later they'll make the right one.
    Only way to to beat Liverpool is what Ole did first half. Outwork the midfield and press the full backs, but if your not a side that presses it's difficult to keep that pace for the best of 90 mins.

rob316 wrote: »
    Only way to to beat Liverpool is what Ole did first half. Outwork the midfield and press the full backs, but if your not a side that presses it's difficult to keep that pace for the best of 90 mins.

Some more fitness and happiness and putting the manager's arm around players and we'll be grand :)

Scrap the cap!

Ole surely won't be sacked now I'd imagine.

This is it wrote: »
    A serious question, how many pints have you had?

Haha very fair, but where is this United team going? It's hard to see a way forward

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement