Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,480 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

One vote for Bielsa at Leeds.

He's done a great job, but my concern is that he still needs a translator.

He's done a great job, but my concern is that he still needs a translator.

Doesn't seem to affect how Leeds are going about business. His English must be ok in the dressing room but still not good enough for interviews. I just absolutely love how Leeds play. After City they're the most entertaining team out there. Jesus I'd love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

it wont make a difference.

I disagree. Surely a change from the ownership down to the manager would have some kind of difference. Unlikely to happen though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Looks like we are stuck with Arteta.

• Advertisement

Artetas overall record with Arsenal: Won 43, Drawn 16 and Lost 23.

Nearly as many matches drawn and lost as won. 8 of those 43 wins have came in the Europa League group stage or against lower league opposition in the cups. Any other so called big club and he would have been sacked a few months back.

Nearly as many matches drawn and lost as won. 8 of those 43 wins have came in the Europa League group stage or against lower league opposition in the cups. Any other so called big club and he would have been sacked a few months back.

tRuSt tHe PrOceSs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Just going to have to deal with it till next season. Bad start next year and you might get your wish.

One thing that gets to me is players flying when out on loan and we can get nothing out of them when we have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭DenMan

Leeds up to 9th now with their win over Tottenham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

It's the ownership from the very beginning since 2007/08

https://twitter.com/DareToWenger/status/1390711567357038600?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If the Hammers do a job on Everton tomorrow and we win, we'll get 8th place on goal difference. With CL all English and presuming Man U do to Villarreal what we should have done, I believe 7th 'could' be a European place ....Everton have a game in hand but it could be a close scrap for that last place

Guendouzi is just after becoming a father, I saw it on Facebook, a little baby girl. Congratulations to him and his partner.

DenMan wrote: »
    Guendouzi is just after becoming a father, I saw it on Facebook, a little baby girl. Congratulations to him and his partner.

It might calm him a bit

It might calm him a bit

Hopefully now! I think his season is over too with an injury. He was shown being helped off the pitch by medics. Let's hope he'll be fine over the summer when he's back with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

If the Hammers do a job on Everton tomorrow and we win, we'll get 8th place on goal difference. With CL all English and presuming Man U do to Villarreal what we should have done, I believe 7th 'could' be a European place ....Everton have a game in hand but it could be a close scrap for that last place

This is great and all but how bleak is it that the above is what we've come to, clinging on to hope of an 8th place finish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's better than nothing , but i'd worry about us getting anything off chelsea

It's better than nothing , but i'd worry about us getting anything off chelsea

True, but they have the FA cup final three days later on the 15th and the CL final on the 29th, their PL is pretty much done so I can't see them risking players against us. Best we can do is go in hard and I reckon a lot of their players will back in off for risk of injury.

I find it odd that Chelsea have two league games to play after the FA cup final. The cup final is always the showpiece and the final game of the domestic season, plus the Euro's are on this summer after as well as the Copa America and players will be off in preparation with their countries for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

5star02707 wrote: »

Sshhh. Our owners don't back us financially and our manager is rubbish despite getting to a European semi final. Did you not get the memo.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    The second part I won't be overly worried about. Europa League is pants, and despite the bit of craic with the youngster every now and again I'll be glad to see the back of it.
    Aye so it's not an achievement getting to the semi final of what to you is a nothing tournament.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Sshhh. Our owners don't back us financially and our manager is rubbish despite getting to a European semi final. Did you not get the memo.
    Oh wait, it is now.

Also are you now saying that the owners aren't an issue? And Arteta is amazing as well so one really has to wonder why we're not winning all around us.

You're not even pretending to do anything other than ****posting at this stage. It's sad really.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Aubamyang has issued an apology for the Villarreal game

That's nice to see. We really need him to step up tonight now! Aguero also apologised for missing the penalty yesterday. We put them up on a pedestal but we have to remember players are human too and they make mistakes and don't perform like all of us. Fingers crossed we win tonight now and finish the season strongly. Huge summer ahead for the club.

When every player has confidence playing for Arteta..

https://twitter.com/Dezildezzz/status/1284573540180779008?s=19

AFCbell
    Reporting KSE not really looking to sell Arsenal and promising to invest this summer.

Also urging Fans to voice out their frustrations so they can deliver on their promises

https://twitter.com/TheAFCBeII/status/1391332864726380546?s=19

There is a translate button in the app

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭emmetlego

More from Twitter. All the reasons why I haven’t given up on Arteta.
    https://twitter.com/mxz_92/status/1391133481137229827?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Not one for the Martinez fanboys there

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Not one for the Martinez fanboys there

Just want a keeper that doesn't make mistakes in an Arsenal jersey.

No need to be picking a fight with Emi lovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

emmetlego wrote: »
    More from Twitter. All the reasons why I haven’t given up on Arteta.
    https://twitter.com/mxz_92/status/1391133481137229827?s=21

Id love to know when some of those quotes are from. Cause I certainly haven't seen any of the magic they are talking about

• Advertisement

There’s not a keeper in the world that doesn’t make mistakes, having an attacking team with a solid defence would take the pressure away from the keeper but what we seem to do is pass back to the keeper or pass sideways in a clueless fashion

I know all keepers make mistakes.
    There are a lot of keepers that make few few mistakes compared to ours. Can't defend that. I'm not on about the teams passing. I'm on about when the keeper has to make a save or has the ball at his feet. That's all on him.

Nothing to do with the team. We were just spoilt for years with goalkeepers in the past. Seaman/Jen's etc

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the team. We were just spoilt for years with goalkeepers in the past. Seaman/Jen's etc

Again it shows how long we've been treading water, it's 13 years since Lehmann left now.

Again it shows how long we've been treading water, it's 13 years since Lehmann left now.

I was gonna include Cech but he was very Dodgey with us

Ole smiling at full-time there. Let's hope Mikel is doing the same later tonight. We can relegate Big Sam's West Brom tonight. Great incentive that's for sure.

I do miss old safe hands I must admit but that could be a nostalgia thing from standing behind him lol

Someone sent me this link and Leno doesn’t seem to bad

https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/keepers/Premier-League-Stats

I dont need a link, can judge by watching him.

• Advertisement

Team news in less than 15 minutes now. COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Season over for me. Not bothered until next season now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

L'prof wrote: »
    Season over for me. Not bothered until next season now

I’ll be watching but with zero annoyance no expectation at all.

Another game where our bench looks better than our starting 11 lol

Arsenal team to face West Brom: Leno, Chambers, Holding, Gabriel, Saka, Elneny, Ceballos, Smith Rowe, Pepe, Willian, Martinelli.

Subs: Runarsson, Bellerin, Tierney, Lacazette, Odegaard, Aubameyang, Cedric, Partey, Nketiah

From the BBC

Mikel Arteta makes six changes to the Arsenal side that started their Europa League exit against Villarreal on Thursday, with captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang left on the bench.

There is also no Thomas Partey in the starting XI, as Gabriel Martinelli, Willian, Gabriel Magalhaes, Mohamed Elneny, Dani Ceballos and Calum Chambers come into the side.

Kieran Tierney, Hector Bellerin, Pablo Mari and Martin Odegaard are the others to drop out.

Boring lineup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Surely he could've at least put Balogun on the bench? It's a nothing game. Seasons over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭omega man

Why play Willian ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Balogun only played a full game on friday was never in contention and most of the players on the bench aren't fully fit and still played thursday in bits

Azatadine wrote: »
    Surely he could've at least put Balogun on the bench? It's a nothing game. Seasons over.

Dont understand Ceballos starting either when we know he wont be here next season. I'd rather see Nelson over Willian too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Dont understand Ceballos starting either when we know he wont be here next season. I'd rather see Nelson over Willian too.

First time ever I'm skipping watching a game

First time ever I'm skipping watching a game

Nothing else on the box :pac:

omega man wrote: »
    Why play Willian ffs.

Yup, told myself I wouldn't get invested in this game as season is over and league season has been done for some time now (which is a damning indictment in itself), but I can't help but be annoyed by Willian in the lineup.

Why?? Why not play Eddie and add some £'s to his value seeing as he's in the shop window? Why not Auba?

It's like a stubborn insistence to make the signing work when it's clearly past the point of no return.

Yup, told myself I wouldn't get invested in this game as season is over and league season has been done for some time now (which is a dnimg damning indictment in itself), but I can't help but be annoyed by Willian in the lineup.

Why?? Why not play Eddie and add some £'s this value seeing as he's in the shop window? Why not Auba?

It's like a stubborn insistence to make the signing work when it's clearly past the point of no return.

Based on his interview the other day, Auba still isn't fully physically recovered from his malaria.

Nothing interesting about that lineup, though. Very boring.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Based on his interview the other day, Auba still isn't fully physically recovered from his malaria.

Yet he hit the post twice the other night. Taking him off with 10 minutes to go when he was our only threat all night and the season was over if we didn't score was baffling.

Yet he hit the post twice the other night. Taking him off with 10 minutes to go when he was our only threat all night and the season was over if we didn't score was baffling.

Yup like Tim Stillman said on Arsecast the kind of thing a manager does right before he's sacked, a real Ruud Gullit substituting Shearer moment.

Seems Arteta is going nowhere though, so best make peace with that being the case.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement