Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I have, but most ... eh things I have are rechargeable. :cool::pac:

WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE. ....THINGS? (Asking for a friend)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Random but how much cashback can you get in a shop? Can you do it in a few transactions if you need for eg.€150?
    Organising supplies is getting complicated.

Tableside. Online shopping for therapeutic purposes (lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Hope you're OK Widders, 39 ain't bad, but in the current times any rise in temp is worrying.
    Back from dunnes in Longford, I have to say I was very impressed with their distancing and sanitisation methods today.
    Only allowing one person or couple in at a time and keeping everyone else back till they used the sanitiser and fitted the supplied gloves if needed. Yellow lines on the path outside for distancing when approaching the door and inside when approaching the till.
    They have gone the extra mile and you do feel safer in there.
    Home now with tea and a plain bun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE. ....THINGS? (Asking for a friend)

They're actually my friend's, yes ... I've just remembered! She got then from a well known online retailer of such things. Not sure if I can post, but I can pm and then you can tell "your friend". :pac:

They're actually my friend's, yes ... I've just remembered! She got then from a well known online retailer of such things. Not sure if I can post, but I can pm and then you can tell "your friend". :pac:

My inbox is open to all and any suggestions. Anything to help a 'friend'.

• Advertisement

Ah these posts are bringing a tear to my eye...such wonderful 'friendship 'being displayed, yours friends are lucky to have you ladies. 😂

Ah these posts are bringing a tear to my eye...such wonderful 'friendship 'being displayed, yours friends are lucky to have you ladies. ��

They are indeed, Duvet! I hope you're coping without your Saturday bj. We all have to do our bit. :p

They are indeed, Duvet! I hope you're coping without your Saturday bj. We all have to do our bit. :p

I had to do a DIY job on it lol.I wont go in to more detail as I know my bj posts upset poor gifted.😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

My inbox is open to all and any suggestions. Anything to help a 'friend'.

I think boxes being open is what this is all about...

Think my mind has been dragged down to the gutter with the rest of ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Don't make me wave my hammer about.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Don't you have a rechargeable one?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Hammer you say? :D

I'll behave now ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ah these posts are bringing a tear to my eye...such wonderful 'friendship 'being displayed, yours friends are lucky to have you ladies. 😂

Great to see some many ladies into DIY too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I had to do a DIY job on it lol.I wont go in to more detail as I know my bj posts upset poor gifted.��

All ribs still intact I hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Had to do a diy nail app, wanted something fresh and clean but not look done

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Great to see some many ladies into DIY too :D

Sisters are doing it for themselves! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Kinda hope that this is a translation issue :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

smurfjed wrote: »
    Kinda hope that this is a translation issue :)
    I hope that's not where Leggy's friend bought those batteries from!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What was the Pat Shortt programme where he played different characters?

We're going to be like the mad wans out power walking, except we won't be in groups. :D

The prospect of a long period of isolation is upsetting, I'd love to have a good get together tonight. Has anyone any plans or ideas for keeping themselves occupied?

Killinaskully?

Cold auld day out there but once you get moving you warm up, I seen loads of millipede on the ground down the park :eek:

Stuck to the couch. One coffee and kitkat mini. I had a sort of inner meltdown yesterday. My usual resilience and tenacity left me and I was plunged in to anxiety and irrational thoughts. I'm finding it difficult to keep a calm head these days and am a little disappointed in myself that I'm experiencing this. I know its understandable given the circumstances but still.
    One day at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Stuck to the couch. One coffee and kitkat mini. I had a sort of inner meltdown yesterday. My usual resilience and tenacity left me and I was plunged in to anxiety and irrational thoughts. I'm finding it difficult to keep a calm head these days and am a little disappointed in myself that I'm experiencing this. I know its understandable given the circumstances but still.
    One day at a time.

It's hard to keep level headed thru all this all right. There is no precedent. There is no right way to behave.

We have started having group WhatsApp video calls. A nice way to stay connected in a disconnected world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Don't you have a rechargeable one?

Tweets generally dont get into the kennel. One exception is Dublin Fire Brigade. ( https://twitter.com/DubFireBrigade )

They know all about the dangers of excesive recharging of batteries due to ladies perform social distancing

https://twitter.com/DubFireBrigade/status/1239311002702921734
    If your batteries wont recharge ask your local fireman for help. :D

One day at a time.
    One thing I can guarantee you Perse is that you are not alone in having thoughts and days like that. I had a very similar day yesterday too. We all have at this stage probably. As Trigger Happy says we have the technology to keep in contact with people which is a great great thing to have. If you or anyone else here ever wants to talk feel free to PM me.

Hugs and stay strong, you will get through this. We all will.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

am a little disappointed in myself that I'm experiencing this..

Sure you're only human poly, normal to feel this way in a time of uncertainty, get out and go for a walk, clear the head.

*hugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Sure you're only human poly, normal to feel this way in a time of uncertainty, get out and go for a walk, clear the head.

*hugs*

+1 to this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

0lddog wrote: »
    +1 to this :)

I'm lucky to be almost beachside, can go for a nice wander with the dog with little to no human contact. To be honest OD, I think I may being a little too complacent about covid, seeing the measures being taken everywhere, I'm taking all the precautions but I can't work from home. There has to be more to this than the WHO are letting on. Never seen anything at all like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Heading out for a stroll. Have attacked the kitchen I think the fumes from the cleaning products went to my head.

Guy Person wrote: »
    I hope that's not where Leggy's friend bought those batteries from!

So do I! :eek:

At least the firefighters are on call though.

So do I! :eek:

At least the firefighters are on call though.

Yes! With their long hoses at the ready.

OK. I'm going for a long walk now. Followed by a cold shower.

• Advertisement

Is there a clean minded woman in this place at all?

Yes! With their long hoses at the ready.

OK. I'm going for a long walk now. Followed by a cold shower.

Bring your 'friend'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Opening a bottle of Graham Norton, takeaway en route and deciding which room of the house should I grace my presence with this evening. I hear the kitchen is nice this time of year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Falling asleep in my tea. Must shower and try pull myself together

Good luck trying to find one 😜

Good luck trying to find one 😜

It's a fool's errand.

• Advertisement

Glitch

Glitch

Yourself mam and legs should change yer names to the glitch sister's 😜

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Couch. Watching the clock for work..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Gonna throw on a fillum. The people are so nice where I live. We all have each other’s numbers (well most) and we all text each other when we’re doing an”big shop” to see does anyone need anything, and we drop it at the door. Prob all go back to ignoring each other now when this is all over lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

You called :D

• Advertisement

Popped into Tesco on my way home.... Place was so busy there was a queue outside closed doors when I was leaving!
    Car park full..... But I think most people kept a good distance from each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Shotgun is loaded and beside a box full of cartridges. We can survive here for approx 4 months according to my carefully worked out food and alcohol plan. The only possible item that may need to be rationed at some point is chocolate. I have a sign on the front door that says - If Covid-19 doesn't kill you, I will, so please fook off.

Autosport wrote: »
    You called :D
    I'm just going to leave this here.....

tenor.gif

Trundle o clock kinda time.. Dragging my heels all the way. One of those days I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

GLITCH

Poor Mam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

playing this quiz

https://www.goosesquizzes.com/

you need the app Twitch to play it

good laugh

That fcuking glitch.

I've just opened a packet of cashew nuts and was surprised to taste pepper. Tiny writing on the label says they're flavoured with "punchy black pepper". :rolleyes:

Who would think it's a good idea to add pepper to nuts? My night is ruined now, and it wasn't great to begin with.

Thanks some of you for the kind words :) x

I'm feeling somewhat better. A trip to the mountains tomorrow.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement