Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GC joypads and Memory

Options
  • 12-06-2003 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

PC world and Currys in Liffey Valley have 3rd party memory and pads for a whopping €5.

They not original but 8mb cards for 5 blips isnt bad same for pads they ok best for visitors etc

Find them in little baskets near the game section in Currys and in the cheap part of PCworld
    kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Perfect!! Now how the f3ck do I get out there? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

78A from outside Virgin on the Quays and the last stop is Liffey Valley as come towards you will see Currys and Pc World they in a different part to the main center.
    Ask Bus Driver to let you off at The ColdCut Club and then cross the road and its front of you.

kdjac

Mighty, thanks KdjaC.

Using the information I gleaned from the innkeeper (KdjaC) I managed to get out there and back without getting eaten by any monsters.

This is in spite of our sh1tty bus breaking down on da bleedin' Ballyfermot Road, leaving us stranded for 15 minutes.

Anyway, only tried Curry's. They'd loads of Joytech pads there, all in purple. Here's a review from some crowd I've never heard off.

It feels like a fecking brick, and the "handles" are much bigger than the official pad. Sticks are sensitive enough, but the B-button seemed a bit too...sticky for my liking. They'll do for the 4-player frag-fests though.

The memory cards are only 59MB ones, same capacity as the earlier Nintendo cards. But hey, for 5 eurons, where would you be going? Great for me, I can free up some sh1te from my offical card and start on Zelda properly!

Thanks KdjaC!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Np

I had to buy the 8mb (may have got last 2) for ISS3 as it needs a lot of space.

PC world had some cheapish gear also.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

I got 2 x black MadCatz GC controllers from PC World there for €10 ea - They work brilliantly for 4 player GC Action.

And an 8 mb Block for €5 :) This was about 6 weeks ago...

Now that I know about this forum, I'll advertise bargains here as I see them but that was a good deal from them.

Advertisement