Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the best guinness in the City

Options
  • 27-08-2011 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

What pub has the best creamy pint in Limerick and it has to be regular Guinness. Don't like the xtra cold and this ****e about chilling the glass that should only be for Lagers.

My top 3
    O Driscoll's - Corbally
    Ardhú - Ennis Rd
    Kennedy O Briens - Hartstonge St

And outside Limerick county
    oh and Durty Nelly's - Bunratty pricey but good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

brian2me wrote: »
    What pub has the best creamy pint in Limerick and it has to be regular Guinness. Don't like the xtra cold and this ****e about chilling the glass that should only be for Lagers.

My top 3
    O Driscoll's - Corbally
    Ardhú - Ennis Rd

I'm pretty sure this has been done before:)

My favourite is Fennessy's on New Street

Ps, I'm sure Clare people will be delighted to know Bunratty is now part of Limerick:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭brian2me

amiable wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this has been done before:)

My favourite is Fennessy's on New Street

Ps, I'm sure Clare people will be delighted to know Bunratty is now part of Limerick:D

Yea nice pint there too

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

brian2me wrote: »

My top 3
    O Driscoll's - Corbally
    Ardhú - Ennis Rd

And outside Limerick county

Ardu.... you must be joking. Their guinness is muck. Flannery's in shannon street is cream!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Figerty

Friend of mine has done up a site called www.perfectpints.com , I don't drink so I don't know how accurate it is!

Might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Souths
    Rashers

• Advertisement

Daithi07 wrote: »
    Ardu.... you must be joking. Their guinness is muck. Flannery's in shannon street is cream!!

Munster bar in the Ardhú, guinness is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

westward ho used to known to have a great pint years ago, as did the windmill and souths...

seachto7 wrote: »
    westward ho used to known to have a great pint years ago, as did the windmill and souths...

Westward Ho still has a good pint. Agree with Souths and the Windmill, although find a bit of thang sometimes in Souths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

The Windmill on Henry St has a great pint of guinness.
    As someone has said already, Flannerys on Shannon St has good guinness too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Tom Collins. as i say every time this thread rolls around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Souths
    Rashers

Souths because a family member is the head barman.

Rashers because it was my families pub and the art has therefore being handed down from generation to generation. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Back when I was a Guinness drinker I used to relish the pints at Fennessey's. I worked behind the bar in two of the other places so can't remember what it taste like there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Souths
    Rashers

Souths because a family member is the head barman.
    What difference does that make? Does he piss the guinness or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Miles Breens Bar on Shannon Street
    Curragower Bar on Clancy's Strand
    Windmill Bar, Upper Henry Street
    Fennessy's Pub, New Street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Anywhere where it is constantly on flow!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Best Guinness I've had in Limerick was in the Woodfield House on the Ennis Road, easily.

Na Piarsaigh GAA club do a fantastic pint as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Figerty wrote: »
    Friend of mine has done up a site called www.perfectpints.com , I don't drink so I don't know how accurate it is!

Might be worth a look

Worth a look......my hole ;):p
    Its at least 6years out of date,
    It gives the Davin, The DogHouse, Rubens, Club Havana, McGregors, Finns, The Cornmarket, Rubyannes, The Bard Hogans...
    It even lists Schooners which must be gone 10yrs at this stage ;)
    Its more of an RIP to the Limerick Pub trade than a useful website :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Originally posted by Insect Overlord
    Best Guinness I've had in Limerick was in the Woodfield House on the Ennis Road, easily.

Agree with IO.... Woodfield Hse. is my local and the pint, both Guinness and Beamish, to which I'm partial, is consistently excellent.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Terrymac

The westward ho has a great pt also tom collins is v good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I'd have to go for Fennessy's of New Street, it's like silk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Fennessy's for me too. Serious stuff!

yeah_this_is_serious_stuff.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Can't believe I forgot Fennessy's! Good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Fennessy's is the only place that I visit that has a consistently good pint of guinness. It has little to do with the volume sold as I go to one of the bigger pubs in Raheen area and the Guinness is generally awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

shawnee wrote: »
    Fennessy's is the only place that I visit that has a consistently good pint of guinness. It has little to do with the volume sold as I go to one of the bigger pubs in Raheen area and the Guinness is generally awful.

Myself and a few lads live out in Raheen and being honest Fennesy's is our first choice above all the closer pubs for quiet pints. If it was closer to me it could be dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Daithi07 wrote: »
    Flannery's in shannon street is cream!!

+1 deadly pint in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

tippman1 wrote: »
    Originally posted by Insect Overlord

Agree with IO.... Woodfield Hse. is my local and the pint, both Guinness and Beamish, to which I'm partial, is consistently excellent.

J.

There's a barman in there called colm... He pours the finest guinness in limerick! Though I may be biased!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

a good Guinness should be measured by the time spent on the porcelain pony the next day....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Originally posted by colmtheperson
    There's a barman in there called colm... He pours the finest guinness in limerick! Though I may be biased!

True.... he's pretty nifty but Ross is no slouch at pourin' the black stuff either!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

Definitely the Woodfield! ;)

• Advertisement

Honourable mention for Bobby Byrne's as well.

Advertisement