Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aughrim parish - Roscommon

Options
  • 02-10-2018 12:55pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for baptismal records for brothers Peter and James McDermott and a marriage record for their parents Bernard McDermott and Maria Scally, all of Toomore, Co. Roscommon.
    Bernard and Maria had nine children and I have birth and baptismal records for seven of them born between 1865 and 1880.
    But owing to a gap in Aughrim parish records at nli.ie between about 1859 and 1865 I haven't been able to locate a marriage record for Bernard and Maria or baptismal records for their two eldest sons.
    I'm wondering could somebody check if that same gap appears in the records at Roots?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,128 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Eleanor in 1865 is the first one that appears on roots.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Thanks for checking spurious.

The way John Grenham presents it I was hoping that maybe the gap didn't occur in the Roots records.

462822.png

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement